Picked up my GEN 3, 2021 Black Agate, 35in, 801A, Graphics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey does the Retrax that fits the Gen2 also fit the Gen 3 without issue? If/when I upgrade my 2019 to the Gen 3, I hope I can switch over my Retrax Pro.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Initially I felt the same way about the base 35 wheels. I think they actually look really good in person. Another one of those things where pictures don't do the wheels justice. I am not a fan of the beadlock 35's but my mind could change if I saw those in person to.
Mine arrived yesterday at the dealership. I got the base wheels because I thought they looked better. If I want bead locks i will buy them aftermarket ($2000 option can be spent on nicer wheels IMO) Right next to mine was a raptor with the bead locks. They looked nice, but I still like the base wheels a lot better. To each there own.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked it up. Needs a good clay barring and some love, but dealership put some coating on it that I overpaid for (Stinger Chemical Express wax?) and I don't want to remove it in the clay bar process. Am told 5 yr warranty with the coating but I dont see that as reality. They just threw it on over rail dust and it feels...well....like something is coated over raildust...

The ride, however, was much nicer than anticipated. Quiet inside. Comfortable. Steering feels really good. It feels good sitting in it. It feels like it wraps around you and I felt easily in control of it. Stereo is ok. Nothing to write home about but will serve purpose as I don't jam out these days. The retrax cover fits nicely and looks great on it.

It's only day one but I have to say that I really like this truck.

I'm a horrible pic taker but attached a few.
Beautiful truck

Rmax150

Reaction score
Hey does the Retrax that fits the Gen2 also fit the Gen 3 without issue? If/when I upgrade my 2019 to the Gen 3, I hope I can switch over my Retrax Pro.
This is my question too. I've been itching more and more, and just hoping everything fits. The part numbers on Retrax website for 2018 vs 2021 are different, but not sure if it's just new mounting brackets or something simple. I saw a video where a previous gen Bakflip MX4 fit the new gen F150 even though they were different part numbers. If anyone knows about Retrax, let us know. I haven't found anything on it yet.

Nice truck OP. I'm also looking at Black with the graphics package, but regular wheels cuz I have an extra set of Gen 2 beadlocks (and I'd rather save that $$$ haha).

J R

Reaction score
Just picked it up. Needs a good clay barring and some love, but dealership put some coating on it that I overpaid for (Stinger Chemical Express wax?) and I don't want to remove it in the clay bar process. Am told 5 yr warranty with the coating but I dont see that as reality. They just threw it on over rail dust and it feels...well....like something is coated over raildust...

The ride, however, was much nicer than anticipated. Quiet inside. Comfortable. Steering feels really good. It feels good sitting in it. It feels like it wraps around you and I felt easily in control of it. Stereo is ok. Nothing to write home about but will serve purpose as I don't jam out these days. The retrax cover fits nicely and looks great on it.

It's only day one but I have to say that I really like this truck.

I'm a horrible pic taker but attached a few.
Congrats the black with orange… hard to beat