Phone background noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atlasmhw

Reaction score
My wife complains when I call on the phone that the background noise is awful ?
any suggestions ?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just had a person in my shop with a ford who had a similiar issue. it turned out that ios6 on the new iphone was causing the problem. it worked just fine with 3 other phones, 2 of which were iphones on ios 5. it was like trying to talk to someone while taking off in an airplane is the only way i can describe it

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very common. I have that issue in both Raptors and my F350. Not a whole lot you can do about it outside of wearing a noise canceling headset.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im wondering if you pull the mic out and try a foam cover on it. i know this will help cutting down wind noise. also the mic might be picking up interference from other electrical devices onboard. do you notice any difference in noise between low rpm and high rpm?

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I dont have an issue except the exhaust sound being loud when i accelerate to the person on the other end. Normal traffic and they think im racing. Could be because I am though lol.