Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am traveling this week so it won't be until this weekend. What i can do if it would just be easier, is create some tasker scripts, export them and post them. All you will need to do is run them to achieve the commands above. You would need to download the tasker app, import the tasks and then run them. The initial setup scripts you will only need to run once..

I would be up for this option if you do make these when you get back home.

Thanks,

Robert

Gtibbot

Reaction score

kilthro

Reaction score
I'm sure that one is correct. Tasker has been around a long time, the program and its plugins are very powerful, it let users do things with Android years ago that are now baked into Android.
That is correct that a lot of things are now starting to become baked in, but more importantly, the automation that you can do with Tasker is the big winner. There is so much you can automate or do with your voice that even google/assistant still cannot do.. it is by far the best ap I ever purchased and learned to use.. It's not for the faint of heart and can be overwhelming at first.. once you get the hang of it, you will ever wonder how you managed without it... google and youtube are your friends to get started with it. The only downside nowadays, is the inability to put custom roms on most mainstream phones with root to unlock the full potential.. oh well...

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll be messing around with this over the weekend. Will this also be useful for setting up apps to autorun on bootup?

kilthro

Reaction score
I'll be messing around with this over the weekend. Will this also be useful for setting up apps to autorun on bootup?

Yes you can use the monitor boot option and have it launch apps once booted or under certain conditions etc.. endless options

kilthro

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

To make this easier, I have created 4 tasker scripts and exported them. When you import them, there will be a # and then a number from 1-4. Tasks 1 and 2 only run them once. 3 and 4 you can run any time to either turn bars on or off. I haven't tested 1 and 2 to ensure I didn't misspell anything. if you run into an error when executing, please let me know. I am only human... :)

The tasks can be located via the dropbox link below or via the attached zip file. Whichever is easier.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xl6winh7nui5c98/AABl7XSuWoqsJw4zWVgyw200a?dl=0

The zip file will include the 4 files below. Please save them to a usb drive and plug into the px6 unit or download them directly to the storage on the px6 unit if you are able to.. doesn’t matter. You will need to import them into the tasker app

The tasker app is found via the play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm

Files that you will be downloading

_1_Run_Once_Adb_Configure.tsk.xml - (will reboot the unit, don’t be alarmed)

_2_Run_Once_Root_Connect.tsk.xml

__3_Bars_Off.tsk.xml

_4_Bars_On.tsk.xml

To import them, launch tasker and tap on the tasks tab along the top. Once you do that, tap and hold on the tasks tab until the popup menu appears that provides the import task option. Please import all 4 tasks that you downloaded.

importing.jpg

Once imported, you should have the 4 tasks listed as I have in my screenshot. To run them, tap on the task and you will see the command on the screen with a play button at the bottom left. Just tap the play button and it should execute the commands.

Imported tasks.jpg saving.jpg Playbutton.jpg

***Only do tasks 1 and 2 one time.*** after they are run, you shouldn’t need to run them again.

Tasks 3 and 4 can be run anytime as needed. You can also add them as short cuts if you run a custom launcher such as NOVA. Just long-press on the screen and add as a widget, you will see tasker as an option and then task shortcut. If you select that you can create a shortcut to tasks 3 and 4 on your home screen so you can toggle them when you need to.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• px6 immersive Tasker scripts.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 3

Gopherboy128

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, I think I am done fighting with my PX6.

I joined a FB group ( I think it was linked here a few pages back, when another member posted a photo of their screen without a bottom menu bar) and the admin is a man named Sergey Kozlov. He makes his own firmware for the Tesla-style radios. After installing his custom firmware (which allows for things like making the top and bottom bars go away), it fixed my audio switching issues when going from SYNC 3 to apps on the tablet. Then, we tackled my steering wheel controls.

I noticed the other day when I got in my truck, that the home screen on SYNC 3 was open and said "Audio Off' in the top-right corner. Keep in mind I have had a Tesla-style screen in my truck since day #2 of owning it, so seeing that "Audio Off" was a new thing. I forgot that I used to have a power button in the center of the volume knob. With that in mind, I tried launching Amazon Music without turning on any audio in SYNC 3, and after Amazon Music was playing, I was able to use my steering wheel controls 100% no issue. The following day when Console opened, it was on my first preset, and I tried it again, and it was back to the old issue of steering wheel controls chaning both the app track, and Sync 3 presets at the same time, but only hearing SYNC audio.

With all of this information in mind, I contacted Sergey and presented it to him. He made me an update, that replaced the "Media" button in my Console app, with a "Power" button, so I can turn off SYNC audio and use my wheel controls.

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, I think I am done fighting with my PX6.

I joined a FB group......

Do you have a link to the group and how to go about getting the firmware. I have had the exact same issues as you regrading the steering wheel controls. The guys at Phoenix radio have not been able to help me get it fixed. Based n your experience with the other firmware it is pretty easy to see that it is not so much a hardware problem but a firmware one.

I just tried the tasker and the scripts that kilthro posted above and they work just as he describes. This is nice and does help the experience overall but getting my wheel controls to work would be awesome.