Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Getting no sound from apps, like youtube. Video is fine but audio is still whatever is on the radio. Anyone have an idea? I have updated the px3 file to 2.26.

TXBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy,

Could you add to the first post in this thread some of the relevant things that have been posted like the instructional videos, link to firmware updates, screen refresh instructions, etc?
Thinking it wouldn't take but a few minutes but would make it easier to those looking to install the phoenix.

TXBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to install mine now.
Question:
There are 2 T connectors on the wiring harness. One goes to the back of the CD player/Brain.
Where does the other go? It doesn't fit any of the other connectors my truck has.

Edit:
I want ahead and just hooked it up without using that 2nd T harness and everything seems to be working.

Edit:Doh, I think I figured it out , 2nd T harness plugs in behind CD player / brain.

What is the cam button supposed to do ? (At top in the icon list)

Last edited:

djc1603

Reaction score
Getting no sound from apps, like youtube. Video is fine but audio is still whatever is on the radio. Anyone have an idea? I have updated the px3 file to 2.26.
I have this issue as well randomly. Sometimes turning off the vehicle resolves it, I have had to use the pinhole reset once to correct it.

TXBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this issue as well randomly. Sometimes turning off the vehicle resolves it, I have had to use the pinhole reset once to correct it.

I'd try unplugging the T harness connector behind the CD player/brain and re-insert it to make sure it's in tight.

TXBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine all installed and have been playing with it.
So far, loving it.

Few things I've noticed, the sub EQ slider doesn't seem to do anything.

When I start the truck, the AC setting temp displays in C but as soon as I adjust the knob, it goes to F and stays that way until I turn off the truck.

The display dimmer at night doesn't allow you to go very dim. The sucker is bright even with the slider all the way down.

I hope they allow us to arrange the icons on the main menu bar and set a default for when the truck starts up (like Waze)

Anyone know how to decipher what firmware version you are on?
And how can you close apps you aren't using any longer?

roushraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And how can you close apps you aren't using any longer?[/QUOTE]

Push the circled icon then everything open will appear.
c5631fb789964313a7b23c07779c797b.jpg

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I love this idea, but I don’t have time for awhile to dig back thru the thread to acquire the various bits and pieces.

If you guys PM me key points, synopsis, etc... I’ll add it to the first post via cut and paste.

Thanks

Guy,

Could you add to the first post in this thread some of the relevant things that have been posted like the instructional videos, link to firmware updates, screen refresh instructions, etc?
Thinking it wouldn't take but a few minutes but would make it easier to those looking to install the phoenix.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The temperature display is not supported

Leave it off. To my knowledge there is no thermistor wire and I confirmed this with a Phoenix before they went MIA.

The latest firmware and simple can update is 2.26. They address some of the Bluetooth call quality static.

You do want to change the screen refresh and enable that hardware drawing toggle. The screen overall is sharper, cleaner, and more precise and the tablet runs significantly smoother with improved load times.

Without question you want to add the CarWebGuru launcher. It’s the only one that really lends itself to the unit, is completely customizable, and adds a very nice layer of utility to the screen. It eliminates having the fairly useless home screen. It also allows you to put all your quick launch apps on the home screen where you will want them.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also.... update your google play services to the latest version via an .apk. Cleans up some things.