Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be the first one to rip it out and call it trash it was trash.

Quite the contrary. But to each their own.

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to get spotify on waze and didn't have the option in settings. Play store didn't show an update for Waze either. So I went into spotify and unchecked "enable waze" and then rechecked it. It then asked me to allow it in Waze...when I clicked that it opened the play store and allowed me to download a new version of Waze! Now I have spotify support.

Long story short, the device that shipped to me had an outdated verzion of Waze that I could only update through the spotify app....weird!

The more I get comfortable with my Phoenix the more I love it. This thing is amazing...

I returned my T-mobile sync up device, the 2gb data limit was stupid. There is a new jailbreak out for iphones so I jailbroke my phone and downloaded the "tetherme" app, which allows your phone to always broadcast the SSID, which now lets the Phoenix automatically connect. Iphone problem solved, and no longer needed the syncup.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more you use it.... the more you realize just how bad that little screen was.

I tried to get spotify on waze and didn't have the option in settings. Play store didn't show an update for Waze either. So I went into spotify and unchecked "enable waze" and then rechecked it. It then asked me to allow it in Waze...when I clicked that it opened the play store and allowed me to download a new version of Waze! Now I have spotify support.

Long story short, the device that shipped to me had an outdated verzion of Waze that I could only update through the spotify app....weird!

The more I get comfortable with my Phoenix the more I love it. This thing is amazing...

I returned my T-mobile sync up device, the 2gb data limit was stupid. There is a new jailbreak out for iphones so I jailbroke my phone and downloaded the "tetherme" app, which allows your phone to always broadcast the SSID, which now lets the Phoenix automatically connect. Iphone problem solved, and no longer needed the syncup.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more you use it.... the more you realize just how bad that little screen was.

haha exactly 4in garbage what is this 1999 lol

been daily driving tesla since 2012 no way could i look at that thing in raptor every day

just lucky the 19s have 4g hotspot and $20 a month linked to my AT&T cell plan gets unlimited data

did you guy go deep into setting and enable DSP gives you a 30 band EQ (i think was 30 band going off of memory)

so much stuff to change and mess with in the deep settings

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone is in the LA area... spread the word... f150 or Raptor with a 4 inch sync and sirius... Phoenix needs a test vehicle for something they are working on. I imagine it’s a very sweet deal.

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha exactly 4in garbage what is this 1999 lol

been daily driving tesla since 2012 no way could i look at that thing in raptor every day

just lucky the 19s have 4g hotspot and $20 a month linked to my AT&T cell plan gets unlimited data

did you guy go deep into setting and enable DSP gives you a 30 band EQ (i think was 30 band going off of memory)

so much stuff to change and mess with in the deep settings

I saw that DSP setting, is it safe to turn on?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is, i briefly enabled it to see what it was.

However, I don’t recommend you turn it on. Your stock radio isn’t great to start with and already has Ford’s attempt at DSP tuning. Without an RTA, playing with the EQ would just be a shot in the dark. I’d stick with the simpler EQ.

As it is... you can’t really do much with the EQ on the tablet without it sounding funky to be honest. Level it level.

I do all my tuning in the DSR1 DSP though.

I saw that DSP setting, is it safe to turn on?

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is, i briefly enabled it to see what it was.

However, I don’t recommend you turn it on. Your stock radio isn’t great to start with and already has Ford’s attempt at DSP tuning. Without an RTA, playing with the EQ would just be a shot in the dark. I’d stick with the simpler EQ.

As it is... you can’t really do much with the EQ on the tablet without it sounding funky to be honest. Level it level.

I do all my tuning in the DSR1 DSP though.
Ok thanks. If it doesn’t add anything I will leave it off

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is in the LA area... spread the word... f150 or Raptor with a 4 inch sync and sirius... Phoenix needs a test vehicle for something they are working on. I imagine it’s a very sweet deal.
I'm in Orange County if that helps?...

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns