Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang I have an 800a and I don’t have sync 3 so this for sure seems like something I should look into!

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been going back and forth with people at Phoenix...

My factory nav is constantly showing me somewhere I'm not. Anyone else having this issue?

Any solution? They say its interference.

Anyone else see about having the Phoenix nav pay through the speakers instead of the speaker that came with it and is shoved behind the unit?

Anyone find something or some way to put something other than the gauges at the bottom of the "console" screen?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have been going back and forth with people at Phoenix...

My factory nav is constantly showing me somewhere I'm not. Anyone else having this issue?

Any solution? They say its interference.

Uhh, yeah, every single one of us. The solution is to pull that POS out and send it back.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I've said multiple times in this thread, if you want to use sync 3 and carplay at all, this unit is utter junk.

Well I actually have an 800A so I only have normal SYNC. Do you think it’s worth getting with normal SYNC? And is carplay not working even when it comes pre installed from Phoenix?

Gopherboy128

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this: “Hey Siri, get me directions to...” and see if it “just works”.

I agree for the money it’s not that bad, Waze works pretty good overall but is laggy at times and freezes on long 2.5+ hour road trips requiring turning the car off/on. If I could use google maps or imaps and Siri navigation via sync3 I would have no real complaints. Fit and finish is excellent but unless there is a recent update that addresses everything I stated it “mostly” works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like an Apple problem. I don't do Apple. Mine works. Good looking 12" screen with Google Maps, Pandora, YouTube, my kid can play video games on it going down the freeway. After doing the simple canbus update when I first installed it, I haven't had any issues. Guess they aren't all the same?

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m on my 3rd unit and I’m still hanging in there on this being a good replacement for the factory setup. Like Guy mentioned in the beginning of this thread, you have to be willing to put up with some anomalies and bugs. I’ll consider the Px6 once those here that elect to go with that version give some feedback on it.
I’m using a hotspot via an extra phone and it’s working great.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I actually have an 800A so I only have normal SYNC. Do you think it’s worth getting with normal SYNC? And is carplay not working even when it comes pre installed from Phoenix?
I can't comment on on your unit, I think the folks that have the 4" are having good results actually. It's the sync 3 people that are having issues with things.