Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Any idea how Android Auto works with it? Would it display over the whole tablet? Or just fill in where the Sync 3 is? Or just not bother with Android Auto and download the apps straight to the tablet?

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
New to the forum here and have my first Raptor, Blue 2019 with 802a and am really interested in this display unit. I have been looking at all the videos and posts I can find and am awaiting some answers from Dylan Yang of Phoenix Radio.

I am hoping the 360 camera view works as it is supposed to. One video showed the 360 view but no image/video for the left and right cameras. Looked like it was the previous version with the button cutouts on the top-front instead of the top of the newest version. Awaiting a few other answers from Dylan about software and stuff, so will see what he has.

Thanks in advance for any input.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
New to the forum here and have my first Raptor, Blue 2019 with 802a and am really interested in this display unit. I have been looking at all the videos and posts I can find and am awaiting some answers from Dylan Yang of Phoenix Radio.

I am hoping the 360 camera view works as it is supposed to. One video showed the 360 view but no image/video for the left and right cameras. Looked like it was the previous version with the button cutouts on the top-front instead of the top of the newest version. Awaiting a few other answers from Dylan about software and stuff, so will see what he has.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Yes 360 camera works just like factory does hit bottom which is now facing up on top

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Any idea how Android Auto works with it? Would it display over the whole tablet? Or just fill in where the Sync 3 is? Or just not bother with Android Auto and download the apps straight to the tablet?
Yes same size as sync and works like factory but Waze is navigation option full screen and slacker sounds much better using app vs sync

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Is there a work around for the remote start with the hot/cold not working until the key is inserted in the ignition for the 800a package?

Last edited:

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the unit fully installed yet? Some finished pics would be much appreciated.

Also very interested in what you can have running at the bottom while keeping Sync at the top... can you run android apps on the bottom, or do they default to full screen? Im trying to visualize what the default appearance of the unit could be. I really don't want to see that cartoon raptor image all the time... im not sure that is much better than the factory radio controls. Most likely I would want Sync running at the top and a live navigation map on the bottom. Can this be setup as the default when you start the truck, or would I have to launch the nav app each time?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix has mailed me the missing parts. Assuming that fixes the issue, I’ll have it up and running and a full review this weekend.

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes 360 camera works just like factory does hit bottom which is now facing up on top

Thanks BIGDJE.

Do you know if the version that is ordered comes from China directly, would it need any software that Phoenix Radio installs or mods for the US market once they receive the units or are they configured ready to install without additional modifications or updates needed?

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks BIGDJE.

Do you know if the version that is ordered comes from China directly, would it need any software that Phoenix Radio installs or mods for the US market once they receive the units or are they configured ready to install without additional modifications or updates needed?

mine came direct from china and was ready to install

they do have soon to be released software update like tire pressure for bottom screen shows BAR and USA market should be PSI

also the hard button audio controls that you loose making them virtual button on bottom of screen.

other things i requested are changing out the city pics on calendar mode to pics we can upload our self

anyone with input on changes put on this forum and I will send him a whatsapp message to get them in next round of software updates