Performance Tune with Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Roush got back to me and said I was fine installing the CAI myself then taking it to a dealer to have the PCM tuned. Full warranty coverage.

So my question is, you have a base factory 5/60 powertrain warranty. Ok say your truck is in the first year of it. You add the Roush tune. So then you start fresh with a 3/36 powertrain warranty? You basically lose 2 years and 24 months of warranty?

dirtyboot

Reaction score
So my question is, you have a base factory 5/60 powertrain warranty. Ok say your truck is in the first year of it. You add the Roush tune. So then you start fresh with a 3/36 powertrain warranty? You basically lose 2 years and 24 months of warranty?
You still have your 5/60 powertrain; If a failure occurs within the first 3/36, Ford will look to determine if the tune caused it. If so, Roush will cover it vs Ford. If a failure is found 3/36 < 5/60 and Ford deems it responsible to the tune, you have no warranty resolution. If they deem it not caused by the tune; Ford warrants the repairs.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes that makes sense. I see what your saying. I’m sure Roush doesn’t want to go past a 3/36 and possibly be responsible for that long on a vehicle. Especially one approaching 5 years of age.

Thanks

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have been told, it is loud when you get on it and quite when cruising around. Corsa’s Xtreme set up on the Gen 1 was the same way. Hands down, that is the best sounding exhaust I have heard for the Gen 2.

It's ridiculously loud when you get on it and pretty raspy. I haven't ridden in one, but I have heard it at events and I can only imagine the highway drone. Reminds me of the diesels that are setup to have super loud whistling all the time. If you want the truck to be as loud as possible it is the setup to go with and the guy who had it on his truck loved it so to each their own.

As for warranty tunes are discussed on every car forum out there and the answer is always the same and that's don't expect the drivetrain warranty to apply when you start altering the computers. Everyone is like "maybe, you never know" yet Roush etc offer their own warranties for a reason...