Perfomance Loss Noticed From 35's to 37's? And Upgrades Needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some actual data or "butt dyno" data on the street performance lost by going from 35 BFG AT's to 37 BFG AT"S. I am assuming there is some gain off-road? Since I have a SC, should I upgrade the drivetrain? Anything else? Gears? Suspension? I saw the post where the lady from central Texas snapped her drivetrain. Any input is appreciated. I drive 90% street, 10% light off-road and hunting.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find your 37 BFG AT's!? I've been trying to get these for months! All the shops I've contacted, have been waiting for BFG to start wanting to make and sell tires again (sarcasm).

OP
OP
RaptorFlipper

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys. Skyl3r's snapped her drive train. It is under one of her posts. I think the latter part of her build up forum. I like the 37's because they fill the well so much better, and are taller. They just look better. Seems like our trucks were built for 37's. I am in Houston, so my buddy is a manager at discount tire and has them. He had some slightly used ones I should have pulled the trigger on. I am curious how much power/acceleration is lost with the bigger tire. I am assuming you gain some advantage off-road due to the larger surface area? Not sure, that is why I am asking. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Madcow-Thanks. I don't want that to happen. Do I need to upgrade the drivetrain?

D

Deleted member 12951

Based off what happened to Skyl3r, I would upgrade the driveshaft at a minimum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc