Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished a driveway mid-perch mod. driver's side 30 minutes, passenger side TWO HOURS!!! for some reason that side just bound up and would NOT come off the bottom. It took: two men and a boy, a crowbar, ample swearing and a bunch of whacks with a mallet.

Still worth it.

Its not obvious to me that it needs an alignment after driving it but i will trust the common thought around here and get it done (eventually).

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished a driveway mid-perch mod. driver's side 30 minutes, passenger side TWO HOURS!!! for some reason that side just bound up and would NOT come off the bottom. It took: two men and a boy, a crowbar, ample swearing and a bunch of whacks with a mallet.

Still worth it.

Its not obvious to me that it needs an alignment after driving it but i will trust the common thought around here and get it done (eventually).

It may feel OK but it's likely the toe will be way off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HATE it when my TOE is off ;)

Alignment coming as soon as I get me SVC bumps and Deaver +3 springs on. Although, the way the mid-perch kicked me A$$, it might be a while!!!

scubasteve

Reaction score
went to mid perch!

I had a local shop and friend of mine do a mid perch for me. This was the first one he has done but said there was nothing to it. He charged me a whopping $60 bucks and then it cost me $50 for an alignment. I told him he was too cheap and gave him a $100. So for a $150 I got my mid perch and I am happy!!!

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borrowed the spring compressors from Autozone and knocked out the mid-perch mod in my garage, 2 hours from start to finish including clean up! I've noticed the ass feels a little soft now so it's looking like some Nationals or Deavers are in my future.

vyju8yze.jpg

puseve8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Borrowed the spring compressors from Autozone and knocked out the mid-perch mod in my garage, 2 hours from start to finish including clean up!

Same here. I borrowed the free spring compressors from AutoZone and had them back to the store about 2 hours later. I did need to remove the safety pins from the compressor heads in order to get them farther inboard and into/under the frame coil bucket. No biggie because the diameter of the Raptor coil spring is too large to use the safety pins anyways.

You may not notice that an alignment is required because both sides will change equally, but you do need an alignment. My truck only had about 500 miles on it when I did the perch adjustment, so the tires were nearly brand new with sharp tread edges. After I drove about 100 miles, you could definitely see some uneven tread wear on the edges of the front tires.

I've since put 37" BFGs on the truck, but haven't driven the truck because it still needs an alignment and I'm waiting for my SPC alignment kits to arrive before having that done.

Photo below is mid-perch vs stock-perch w/ stock tires on both.

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 87