Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty frustrating to go through all that work just to take 30 seconds to move a snap ring up one inch. And, then not even be done yet. Still have to reassemble basically the entire front end.

But, worth it.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got mine done, after install of some new Methods and Toyo M/T's, all I can say is, I wish I didn't wait a year to do it!!! The truck looks much better, a little floaty on the road, but not bad. Haven't taken it on the dirt yet.

Can you please elaborate.

KaneK

Reaction score
I agree. Its a minor detail heavily out weighed by the advantages/aesthetics of mid perch. I wonder if the RPG UCA's and tie rods would help? That is on my short list

strafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run mid perch and the RPG Tie rods and the handling is back to stock firmness. Very planted feeling. I am sure once the UCA's come it will be even better than stock perch. I am working on all the little things I am noticing to make the ride better as I go and for sure the best thing with mid perch is upgrade steering components ie: tie rods, PSR, UCA's and you will hug that dirt again.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would agree it is less planted but you get use to it fast I'd say 3 days.

I should also stat 1 out of 10 ten being looser it is a 1 or less with mid perch. It is very comfortable cruising down the road passing and what not at mid perch feel very safe. this is the only way I could think to explain it. and after the 3 days you don't even notice any thing. I'm sure the tie rod and stuff only make it better.