Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One dealer quoted that to me when he decided not to cover my torn CV Boots because I was on the top perch.

I still don't agree that this bulletin is referring to the perch adjustment, because that is definitely an adjustable part that is factory provided.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One dealer quoted that to me when he decided not to cover my torn CV Boots because I was on the top perch.

I still don't agree that this bulletin is referring to the perch adjustment, because that is definitely an adjustable part that is factory provided.

Chicken shit!

-Greg

RK2K

Reaction score
I just had mine raised to the second perch, by the dealer, this week. He did not say anything one way or the other, just acted like they do it all the time.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a blanket statement, but I read it as basically directed at the spring perch mod. Shock "ABSORBER ASSEMBLIES" and "ALTER THE RIDE HEIGHT" point me that direction. An "Assembly" could imply the front shock/coil over unit as a whole if needed, and the altering of ride height is done with the perch mod, only.

Panda,
"adjustable part that is factory provided" ehh... provided by Fox? Yes. Something Ford wanted to provided? I don't think so. If it was something Ford provided and optioned for owners to do, there would be procedures in the work shop manual, or training guides of some kind for techs, but there's not. There is NOTHING out there published by Ford that states how to perform this mod.

Ford/manufactures are touchy about this kinda stuff. Ford's had similar TSB's for leveling spacers on F150's for some time now.

Right, wrong, or whatever, if Ford decides to deny warranty items because the truck had the perch mod isn't an argument I want to get into. Really I see both sides.

It wouldn't surprise me if a redesigned front shock body was made/installed in the future Raptors that did't have the slots cut into it for the perch mod. It will get to that point if it becomes a big enough problem for Ford.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its a blanket statement, but I read it as basically directed at the spring perch mod. Shock "ABSORBER ASSEMBLIES" and "ALTER THE RIDE HEIGHT" point me that direction. An "Assembly" could imply the front shock/coil over unit as a whole if needed, and the altering of ride height is done with the perch mod, only.

Panda,
"adjustable part that is factory provided" ehh... provided by Fox? Yes. Something Ford wanted to provided? I don't think so. If it was something Ford provided and optioned for owners to do, there would be procedures in the work shop manual, or training guides of some kind for techs, but there's not. There is NOTHING out there published by Ford that states how to perform this mod.

Ford/manufactures are touchy about this kinda stuff. Ford's had similar TSB's for leveling spacers on F150's for some time now.

Right, wrong, or whatever, if Ford decides to deny warranty items because the truck had the perch mod isn't an argument I want to get into. Really I see both sides.

It wouldn't surprise me if a redesigned front shock body was made/installed in the future Raptors that did't have the slots cut into it for the perch mod. It will get to that point if it becomes a big enough problem for Ford.

I agree it is a blanket statement... There must be a higher warranty claim rate on a point of failure (cv boots) after perch mod. For Ford to make a blanket statement like this..

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree it is a blanket statement... There must be a higher warranty claim rate on a point of failure (cv boots) after perch mod. For Ford to make a blanket statement like this..

For sure, they're seeing something that's provoking this.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked for something in writing from Ford regarding my claim last Monday - they couldn't provide anything, I picked the truck up Tuesday.

Friday, dealer called me and said he had dug this up through "research." The timing is very interesting.