Perch collars 1.5 vs 2.25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the Csrolina squat trust me. It almost looks level and when I eventually go to a Deaver setup it will be set in the front. Keeping it on stock (low perch) is better for higher speed handling. A lot better than a collar.
good to hear :). the Caroline squat is terrible.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck..on my "GEN2" I bought and installed the 2.25 and it was Carolina Squat. The other days I installed the 1.5 and the front is just slightly lower than the rear. Best I'm gonna get.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
So, you guys are calling a 1/4” to 1/2” reverse rake a “Carolina Squat” :Big Laugh: that’s too funny. That is more of a trophy truck stance in my opinion, and actually looks good (Again, in my opinion). A squatted truck is more like 3”+ reverse rake. And I agree, looks terrible and not really usable from a handling perspective. Also, prob can’t see anything from behind the wheel.

Last edited:

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, you guys are calling a 1/4” to 1/2” reverse rake a “Carolina Squat” :Big Laugh: that’s too funny. That is more of a trophy truck stance in my opinion, and actually looks good (Again, in my opinion). A squared truck is more like 3”+ reverse rake. And I agree, looks terrible and not really usable from a handling perspective. Also, prob can’t see anything from behind the wheel.
I was being dramatic....but it was lifted in the front more than the rear. I'm in SC and I see those stupid trucks everywhere. What city are you in out of curiosity.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Fl…the squatters somehow ALL seem to find their way here every year! It’s actually kinda funny! They all try to look so tough and cool, in their trucks, but everyone around is shaking their heads and/or cringing.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
I just had my local dealer install the 1.5” collars for me. I installed the Foutz 1” rears, just before taking it in (Have a toolbox in the bed). Truck sits almost perfect! Still about 1/4” higher in the rear, which I’m good with, as I occasionally need to tow a trailer.
The front seems to rebound a little quicker than the rear. Probably due to the spacers. I asked at drop off, and my SA confirmed, that they “reset” the suspension settings to “zero”. Although, the service advisor was acting like he didn’t know what I was referring to, when I dropped the truck off…
It is still a soft and comfortable truck, but I have these massive speed humps in my neighborhood and can tell a slight dif when cruising over them at 30 mph now. I’m wondering now if they only reset the front parameters. Maybe they didn’t reset the rear? Rear still feels like stock, tho. IDK…Overall, still happy and would do it again!