Perch collars 1.5 vs 2.25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or also referred to as the "Carolina squat". North Carolina is outlawing it if its to high in the front. cant see cars and or pedestrians. if it was me id do 1.5's. 2.25 might be a bit much if you cary anything in the back regularly. these coils sag a little more than the leafs. I know I regularly have a couple hundred pounds in the back. I don't want the reverse squat whatsoever.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or also referred to as the "Carolina squat". North Carolina is outlawing it if its to high in the front. cant see cars and or pedestrians. if it was me id do 1.5's. 2.25 might be a bit much if you cary anything in the back regularly. these coils sag a little more than the leafs. I know I regularly have a couple hundred pounds in the back. I don't want the reverse squat whatsoever.
It's not the Csrolina squat trust me. It almost looks level and when I eventually go to a Deaver setup it will be set in the front. Keeping it on stock (low perch) is better for higher speed handling. A lot better than a collar.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the smaller collar now, but its level. Once I get this front winch kit on I'll see how much it settles. I have a set of RPG 3" collars that 1 won in a raffle. When I go to +3 deavers, I may go to the collars, or just go with geiser at that time.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the Csrolina squat trust me. It almost looks level and when I eventually go to a Deaver setup it will be set in the front. Keeping it on stock (low perch) is better for higher speed handling. A lot better than a collar.
Do Deavers even make springs for the rear of the Gen 3 yet?