Pelican Cargo Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like this.
I have to measure and confirm that it fits under my Bakflip MX4.
I too have good experience with the Pelicans for camera gear and general stuff.
The cost of the box and bed mounts is making me wince, though.
Does anybody know of something similar and good but le$$ ?
I may not need a box quite so robust.

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
I like this.
I have to measure and confirm that it fits under my Bakflip MX4.
I too have good experience with the Pelicans for camera gear and general stuff.
The cost of the box and bed mounts is making me wince, though.
Does anybody know of something similar and good but le$$ ?
I may not need a box quite so robust.
Check out Rtic - from what I can gather it’s by the same family that owns Yeti. Basically same designs, but way cheaper and they would appear to be the same bombproof quality. Can’t hurt to check them out at least I guess. Although they may not be big enough for your needs to be fair

Reaction score
Just want to follow up with you guys on the Pelixan BX255 or Roam 160L box. I'm looking for a lockable solution for the back of my truck to store valuables (hunting and everyday gear). My SnugTop cap window was broken and I lost a couple thousand $$ worth of gear last time. Not happening again. I'll keep the cap for most uses and beach trips with the pup. The box would remain for serious off-road trips, with, or without the cap.

The bedside mounts seem pretty slick that Pelican offers. Quick on/off releases and locking options. But I appreciate feedback from @zombiekiller given his heavy use with multiple produces. I'm towards the Roam box and a cable lock, with that being said.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trying to find the Pelican cases but they are sold out and the mounts are non-existent to purchase. Added with the fact they are 2x the price of Roam, I went with a 95l roam. Purchased with a 10% coupon and got an RTT it was a no brainer. Roam box with organizer will be here in a few weeks

Reaction score
I was trying to find the Pelican cases but they are sold out and the mounts are non-existent to purchase. Added with the fact they are 2x the price of Roam, I went with a 95l roam. Purchased with a 10% coupon and got an RTT it was a no brainer. Roam box with organizer will be here in a few weeks
Why did you go with the 95L instead of the larger box? They don't weigh much. Are you using more than one box to store tools or is that sufficient for your needs?

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did you go with the 95L instead of the larger box? They don't weigh much. Are you using more than one box to store tools or is that sufficient for your needs?

I watched many youtube comparisons and the 95l seems to fit better in the bed with overall even space unlike the more square boxes. Of course like an SUV, the more boxy ones would make more sense.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Just wanted to offer an update on the Roam 160L box. Not a scratch on it. no moisture or dirt penetration. No deformation. I'm sold.

I did about 800 baja miles with it last trip. I broke my bedcage ( yes, the actual 5/16" steel "tore"), but the Roam box looks new.

The code in my signature will get you 10% off on any Roam order over $100.