Part identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

recurvehunt

Reaction score
So you just need the tube that connects to that inlet tube? Could it be the PCV or Crankcase hose? I haven't went out to look what's connected to it

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par.../emission-control-cat/evaporative-system-scat

First off! Really appreciate the help/replies...

It's not the crankcase vent hose...that line runs closer to the turbo. Perhaps its the pcv...but the parts for it do not look like what i have at all!

Also to be clear...my hoses are good, i need the actual part that is inserted into the intake tube as i snapped the small hard plastic line/take-off to right of the green connector (the shiny area between red/green is super glue!)

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
R

recurvehunt

Reaction score
I think you solved the riddle for me...looking at the ams tubes it's quite clear that the piece i snapped is the molded in port to the intake; so not a "piece/part" i can just buy - rather need the inlet tube to turbo. and yep stock looks expensive so perhaps a good excuse to either do as you say find an old one or try the AMS tubes.

Appreciate the replies...that should have been more apparent to me!

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you solved the riddle for me...looking at the ams tubes it's quite clear that the piece i snapped is the molded in port to the intake; so not a "piece/part" i can just buy - rather need the inlet tube to turbo. and yep stock looks expensive so perhaps a good excuse to either do as you say find an old one or try the AMS tubes.

Appreciate the replies...that should have been more apparent to me!
I`m glad I was able to help out, it seems like the average online dealer price was $175 for the complete assembly. I know that around here in NJ there are always wrecked truck being parted out on Craigslist and other sites. Good luck and keep me posted.

Maybe see if you can take a used truck for a test ride for a dealer and swap them out on the side of the road LOL

I would look up the topic on this forum, there are guys who have gone with the COBB or AMS, maybe send them a PM and see if they want to get rid of their old tubes or even just pull that part out, it seems like a lot of the sensors have to be clocked in a certain position too, I don`t know about that one, between a wanted to buy add on here and a PM to someone you might get it for a great price

Last edited: