Panamint Valley & Death Valley - Late Sept/Early Oct

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that I am going to have to pass as I am going to use my days off for the barstow to Primm and for the Raptor Roundup. I hope you all have a wonderful time and take plenty of pics for those of us that are wishing we were going!

halcyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be in on this one... assuming I get my Raptor back ;p.... I know some cool spots in DV/Panamint from the million Geology trips we took there

OP
OP
AndyR

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm taking mine in for its 2nd oil change on Friday in prep. I also need to recharge my Powertank.

OP
OP
AndyR

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update 9/23/10: One week to go.....

Here's the current plan.....

Friday afternoon/Evening - run up to Aguereberry Point for the Sunset. On the way we'll stop at Pete Aguereberry's old place and the Eureka Mine/Cashier Mill.
Saturday - Titus Canyon - depending what time we get out of Panamint Springs, we'll optionally hit up some of the tourist spots in DV and the photo op ghost town of Rhyolite.
Sunday - The Darwin Loop. This should get everyone back to Panamint for lunch.

I'll be arriving Panamint Springs late on Thursday aftenoon, so if others are around on Friday morning we can hit up some other trails.

I'll post departure times for Friday once I've worked out the best time to get the sunset from Aguereberry Pt.

Comms: I'll have a 2m, CB & FRS/GMRS radios (and a Sat Phone)
Internet: Panamint Springs does have a satellite based internet connection, but it's bandwidth limited and can be flakey - however it's usually good enough to get voice Skype connections.
Gas: Panamint Springs has 24hr gas - occasionally they run out, but we'll be headed past gast stations on Saturday. The last gas before Panamint Springs, is Trona (when coming from the south), Stovepipe Wells (From the East).
Phones: Panamint has no phones (unless its an emergency). Cell service is available in Death Valley.
$$$$$$: Panamint takes MC/VISA/AX and the folding green stuff. Ask for AAA discounts.

Feel free to ask questions.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Andy, sounds awesome. Thanks for putting this all together. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing EVERYONE.