Panamint Valley & Death Valley - Late Sept/Early Oct

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got home from the run. Had a good time, the weather was good, and it was only a 2 1/2 hour drive from Vegas. Me and Tim have a nice souvenir of the trip.

OP
OP
AndyR

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see it happen but here's what happened to me. We were on the descent from Chloride Cliff on a basically dead straight secion of dirt going at a good clip. Suddently there's this washout/dip clear across the otherwise baby smooth trail. I must have been going fast enough that my front wheels cleared the hole and just caught the rears on the far side - it was hell of a thump. Chad and Tim nosed into it at speed but didn't clear it and now have some good dents in the stock skid.

I took this pic of the Race, just before heading down the hill and into the 'hole':
img3413640x480.jpg

I'll post up more in a Trip Report.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did most of you camp/motel or little of both?

FYI: This was the first trip I've been on that everyone didn't camp. Our trips always (until this one) involve camping. Sometimes we're at a camp site with amenities (restrooms and showers) such as in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park and sometimes we're camping in the wilderness ("primitive" camping).

Get your camping gear ready :thumbsup: