GEN 2 Paint your tow hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI to those thinking about masking off the front tow hooks and painting - just remove them, it is VERY easy!

I decided to fully remove my front bumper today to then remove the tow hooks, and was pleasantly surprised that I only had to remove the skid plate. Once you remove the skid plate, you can maneuver the rubber tow hook trim around enough access the two 15mm bolts holding the hooks in place. The bolt toward the rear of the truck is easy to remove all the way, and you only need to loose the bolt closer to the front of the truck as the tow hook is designed to allow you to slide the bolt completely through a notch. Easily removed both tow hooks in less than 15 minutes, and now ready to paint!

Wouldn't you just remove the front bolt and loosen the REAR bolt to slide them out?

s-l1600.jpg

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ve got to pull the bumper, but it’s not super difficult. The first few minutes of this vid will show you:

Pulling the bumper is unnecessary, just the skid plate. 15mm socket, just remove the most forward bolt and loosen the most rearward bolt, it'll slide right out. Retighten to 85ft lbs. I'll post a pic when they're back on the truck.

IMG_5453.jpg IMG_5454.jpg IMG_5457.jpg IMG_5458.jpg IMG_5460.jpg

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score