GEN 2 Paint protection film kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mine done professionally. My installer, who is really good and has a PPF’d Gen 2 himself, says Raptors are a PITA to wrap. Maybe you will have good luck, or have a natural knack for this sort of thing, but self-installing is likely going to be difficult and mistakes will likely be made.

Also, with the precut kits, you will see the edges of the PPF, which will tend to pick up dirt, and start to lift over time. The *right* way to do it is to use a roll, custom cut, and wrap the edges around each body panel for a seamless installation that will stand the test of time. That’s how mine is being done, but yeah, big $$$.

Prestige ClearGuard Nano is awesome stuff, but very expensive.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I think if you reach out to louque's exotechs ( west bank), you'll no longer feel obligated to do it yourself. Excellent work, and priced very fairly. they can do anything from full detail, ppf, ceramic coating, etc.

CigarPundit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd advise against it. The Ceramic coating will have a negative impact on the self-healing nature of the film.

Huh. Seems plausible, but I hadn’t heard that, or experienced it. The film and ceramic coat has performed well for me.

CigarPundit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I don’t think I would coat a track car anyway. I’d probably just PPF it. Same for a Raptor that would see a lot of really hard use. For me, the coating is best for cars that will be shiny a lot of the time.

Putting a coating underneath PPF makes no sense. Although the coating does give you UV protection that the film alone will not, you are losing all the benefits of the coating (shine, easier cleaning, some swirl protection) because it is not on the exposed surface.

Last edited: