GEN 2 Paint protection film kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I took a look at the link and that is some serious money. Not that these are the highest risk areas, but it would cost $2600 + your time to protect the driver and passenger doors on both sides of the truck. Ouch!!!! For that kind of money, I would be as careful as possible and then just repaint the truck when I want her looking perfect again. I didn't add up the price to cover everything, but it has got to be close to $100 million dollars. :)

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does anyone have experience installing? Is it fairly straightforward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience with PPF. Watch a bunch of youtube videos. Doesn't look too hard. Ive done my own window tint installation. Take your time and use lots of deionized/distilled water and whatever other solution so you can position it and squeegee it out. Im going to do my own install once I get paint correction and a 1 year coating installed.

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
https://www.invisiblemask.com
I use these people on my vehicles. The film is 3M Scotchgard Pro which in my opinion is the best but I have not used all the films out there. I have used XPEL, 3M VentureShield and an older 3M film from 10 years ago that was named something else back then. When you talk to the film companies they say: "Oh, films have come a long way in the last 5 years or so..." The 3M Scotchgard Pro is the thickest of any I have used and the working time seemed to be better.
This link may bring you right to the precut films for the Raptor: https://www.invisiblemask.com/imask/index.php?route=product/category&path=38228
One note, the curves on the hood above the corners of the lights was about the hardest to get any film to lay down to but I was working from a blank roll and not pre-cut.
Good luck!

Last edited:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No experience with PPF. Watch a bunch of youtube videos. Doesn't look too hard. Ive done my own window tint installation. Take your time and use lots of deionized/distilled water and whatever other solution so you can position it and squeegee it out. Im going to do my own install once I get paint correction and a 1 year coating installed.

FYI, you can put a coating on top of PPF.