Paint Defect and Scratch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vhudoo

Reaction score
Wanted to get other people's take on an issue. I just took delivery of '19 raptor this week. Purchased it out of state and it was delivered to a local dealer. I was out of town for work when it arrived so had to arrange for my wife to swing by and bring it home. The wife noticed what looked to be a small moisture blister within the paint and a slight scratch within the fender flare. Brought it up to the dealer and they said they would have go through an approval process with corporate to get the repair approved, so probably a long process. That being said, they would have to wet sand the spot and paint to fix. I get back next week so won't be able to see it in person and wondering whether it's worth it to chase down.

Attached some pics for reference. Curious about others take.IMG_2152.PNG IMG_2153.PNG

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think mine has a dirt spot in the paint but its up top somewhere that's not noticeable. I've always been nervous about trying to blend something that new and have some fade issues later. I'm sure you would like it to be perfect though.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
if they give you static, the paint can be fixed for maybe fifty bucks and you’ll never know it was fixed if done by a pro. The scratch is probably the same. Just go to a good body shop. I used to live by 2 shops that did custom work. The 5 figure type of custom work. both were willing to show examples of their work, on site.

I don’t mean to browbeat you here, but there are so many people on here that missed things on the day of purchase it’s worth repeating. Don’t be in a hurry to buy your 50-70 thousand dollar truck! For that kind of money, you should be going over it with a fine toothed comb, inch by inch. If it’s dark, come back when it’s light. If it’s raining, have them bring it into their garage area and blast the water off with air, or come back when it’s not raining.

Everyone wants their shiny new stuff, and I’m no exception. A lot of the ramp 59 hostage trucks had paint issues. some were damaged in transit, others had various and sundry minor issues, heck one guy had his radiator hose pop off a few miles from the dealer.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine was scratched in transit, but the dealer (who I did buy it from) showed it too me and they are going to fix it. I agree with smurfslayer, take your time and look it over very carefully, and make sure the dealer explains everything to you, it will be the best investment in time you can do.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my truck ceramic coated and the detailed sent pics of bedliner on the cab of truck. I’m not picky since I won’t see it and they could possibly make things worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Birdstuffer

Reaction score
Mine has a 1/4 inch scratch on the driver top fender , they said a repaint would never blend with lead foot . It was from the delivery truck. The touch up paint ain’t even close. I got the ceramic coat pro done and not gonna sweat it. I do plan on using my truck to go off road, but I still take care and double bucket wash afterwards.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
That sucks. I would probably just fix it in the driveway as well as I could and go on down the road. This is why I like white vehicles.

Like Smurfslayer said, take it to the best body shop around and see what they can do. No way I'd let the dealer body shop put sand paper to my truck, unless they farm it out to a badass shop.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure they have a good body shop/paint
But yes you paid top dollar for the truck. They should deliver it to you perfect. Just let them know if it is not perfect you will not except it. They’ll pay more attention

Raptor Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
detailng my 2019 yesterday.. noticed some shit in the paint on the roof, some similar spot on the rear driver fender like yours, its under the clear.. not worth getting it repainted and not matching/ carfax stating it was painted and lowers the value and little tiny scratch on the fender flare... wax took it out. not worried. its american made.. not to surprised here