Oxford White Stealth PPF Progress and final photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To update this thread a bit, I wanted to share my experience after 4 washes with the Stealth and ceramic. I use the two bucket method.

Dirt and grime do seem to accumulate more easily on the Stealth than the ceramic and painted surface of my last Raptor. Not exponentially, but just my observation. Washing the Xpel with the ceramic coat is far easier than the painted surface, and especially the drying step (it seems to streak and leave water spots less) are so much faster when washing. Typically a 25-30 min job with my ceramic coat on my previous Iconic silver. Now it is barely 15 minutes. A quick hose down, soapy scrub with microfiber mitts (microfiber scrubber on an extension for the roof etc), rinse and dry and it looks perfect. IMO better than I expected with the Stealth. Washing has been a pleasant surprise for me, with how easy it really is. I assume the ultimate would be the same. I got tons of PM's asking about washing, so I figured Id post my experience here.

OP
OP
G

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they wrap your fender flares for you?
No wrap on the fenders. I asked but cant remember the reasoning . May have been because they are plastic and the paint is likely to peel on removal. Also those pieces are simple and cheap to remove and repaint with a high quality result.

Hiblit

Reaction score
Truck really looks good! I too live in the PHX area and curious as who your top 3 installers are. I have same truck and ready for PPF. Just removed my graphic’s yesterday. XPEL seems to be the go to and definitely like the stealth. Had my wife’s Cayenne done (clear) and some minor imperfections that needed to be redone.
Please let me know who you used and who you got estimates from.

Bituman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Likewise I’m in Phoenix and interested knowing the shop you used. Thanks!

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PHX here also and getting mine done from an installer I use for wrapping a dozen or so work vehicles. Getting a very favorable deal due to other business with him.

Iconic silver and interested in thoughts on clear or stealth. Seems like the stealth would require little to no paint correction or am I wrong in assuming that. How does the wrap and ceramic coat work?

OP
OP
G

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After Research I got bids from supreme wraps (scottsdale), auto cosmetics (Chandler), and XPEL scottsdale. Ultimately I think any of them would have done a good job. I had talked to people that had used them and said they did good work. I went with Auto Cosmetics (ask for Hector) because they were the closest to me. They also had the longest install (5days) and I felt like they were not interested in cutting corners. The others said they could do it in 3 days.

OP
OP
G

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PHX here also and getting mine done from an installer I use for wrapping a dozen or so work vehicles. Getting a very favorable deal due to other business with him.

Iconic silver and interested in thoughts on clear or stealth. Seems like the stealth would require little to no paint correction or am I wrong in assuming that. How does the wrap and ceramic coat work?
I would still ask for paint correction before install of Stealth, but I think the Stealth would mask any swirls. The ceramic over the Stealth makes it extremely easy to wash. The Stealth does seem to me like it would be prone to picking up grime. I dont have experience without the ceramic, but washing my truck with the two bucket method is a 15 minute job because it cleans with almost just a hose.

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final answer, I'm going Stealth. Saw a Tremor with it done and another GT500. It's a coin flip but I like the ruggedness of the matte finish. I'm going to do the ceramic coat as has been mentioned here because we are off road enough to make the clean up easier.

Be honest, with PPF, can I just go to the drive through car wash? I'm not lazy but I've got two kids, a job, a wife and washing my darn truck just doesn't feel like 30-45 minutes I have once a week. Seriously looking for feedback on whether I should make that a priority or with this investment I can just have this nice convenience of a 5 minute drive through and 5 minute wipe down?

OP
OP
G

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final answer, I'm going Stealth. Saw a Tremor with it done and another GT500. It's a coin flip but I like the ruggedness of the matte finish. I'm going to do the ceramic coat as has been mentioned here because we are off road enough to make the clean up easier.

Be honest, with PPF, can I just go to the drive through car wash? I'm not lazy but I've got two kids, a job, a wife and washing my darn truck just doesn't feel like 30-45 minutes I have once a week. Seriously looking for feedback on whether I should make that a priority or with this investment I can just have this nice convenience of a 5 minute drive through and 5 minute wipe down?
I didnt specifically ask the question about drive through washes, im sure the truck would get clean enough, I just worry about the XPEL peeling at some of the untucked edges (there are areas where there is no rounded edge or trim to tuck the material into). As I did research I saw multiple comments on drive through with XPEL being a no no. I have no credible sources on that though. I outlined above it takes 15 mins to wash my truck (less time than going to the drive through and back). I hose it off 1-2 mins. Wipe it down with a sudsy microfiber pad attached to a pole 2-3 mins, rinse and dry it with two huge microfiber towels 5 mins. 5 minute set up and take down. It takes 15 mins because the Stealth with the ceramic cleans so easily and doesnt require perfect drying to look great. It really takes me less time to handwash.

Last edited:

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks G2G3. Some times I just need a little motivation, shared experience and slap in the face. Just ordered $120 worth of chems and gear from chemical guys and I'm officially a wash my truck at home guy! Positive ROI in 3.5 months!