Our Engine’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can't come in here with your science and facts! Heads will explode! Good job on being diligent with the oil samples :)

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes for any n/a engine. Not a forced induction engine not direct injection. Our engines produce quite a bit more fuel dilution than standard port injection. The only way to find the truth is for someone to actually run a UOA with 20k miles. We all have our own views on this. I’m just giving mine. I’m not controlling the man lol.

Filter wise Motor-craft is a safe bet. They have a high quality drain back valve which is important. Amsoils filters are indeed high quality too.

Just because it's a gas DI engine doesn't necessarily mean it's going to have fuel in the oil any more than a port injection engine would. Yes, it's sprayed into the cylinder at high pressure, but that high pressure is nearly negated by the engine compression that you have to overcome to get the fuel out of the injector. It's not like they just dump a ton of fuel in there and hope it lights off at the right time. They only inject what a can be burned and only at the exact right time. If your rings have blow by, you are going to get fuel dilution no matter if it's port injected or DI. If the ring package seals up the cylinder well, you will be fine in either configuration.

As for the heat and turbo thing, I disagree. A quality extended interval synthetic will have no issues in a turbocharged engine, even at 20K miles. You can't possibly heat the oil enough to noticeably degrade a top end synthetic with a stock F150 Raptor engine.

It's ultimately your engine and money though- do as you see fit.