Ouch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad Rap

Reaction score
Damn that hurt! Leaving on a road trip this week and I just filled up the Raptor...$125.00 Guess the gas stations are going to have to adjust the pumps again, they shut off at $100.00 ! :shocked:

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$106 a few days ago for me, that's nuts. I won't miss that gas bill.

Avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks but we knew when we bought our trucks that they were big drinkers. It's like buying a Lamborghini and bitching about how fast it is. The good part for me is I came from a lifted hummer with a supercharger and when I bought this I more than doubled my gas mileage

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To put it in perspective, if gas goes from $3.50 where it was to $4.50 a gallon and you drive 15000 miles a year it's going to chew into your budget by $1,200, or about what the average FRF member spends on their truck's goodies in an average month by my estimate

:jawdrop:

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we'll just have to enable the GM (grandma) mode all the time when we drive

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've learned to fill up the truck when there's about 10 gallons left, doesn't sting as much that way....of course, you tend to fill up more often, so its a wash money wise. But it helps me sleep at night, and with even Costco gas over the $4 mark.. I need the sleep.

'Til then, I have resorted to driving my wife's '04 Beetle, to save on gas. :supergay:

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor gets about 10% better mileage than my 95 Dodge Ram 2500. 13.5 in the raptor and 12.0 in the dodge. I fill up at half full so it doesn't seem as bad.

OP
OP
Bad Rap

Bad Rap

Reaction score
I hear you guys! This was just the first time that I let it get close to empty before hitting the pump! I usually don't let it get below 1/4. Love the Lambo analogy!:waytogo: