Ordered raptor but have lots of mod questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First mod will be to move the front shocks to the middle perch setting but I cant do this on my own, if anyone knows anyone to help out near central illinois I would greatly appreciate it.

Next is cold air intake, it seems like a lot of guys on here recommend the volant because of risk of water ingestion in the intake, but it seems like the volant has fitting issues. Is there a "perfect cai" for the raptor.

Going to get the light bar with lights from ford. The lights seem decently priced but also look like lower end KC. I dont want to spend the money on HIDs. What upfitter switch is recommended for these types of lights.

The day the truck arrives at the dealer the rocker panels and fender wells will be line x'd, does anyone have any thoughts on durability and long term effects of line xing the lower portion of the body panels.

thanks for all the help. this site was key in my decision to trade my piece of crap 2011 powerstroke diesel for a new raptor.

Where are from in Central IL? I'm from Macomb,IL

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i'm gonna hack the muffler off and try straight pipe for awhile. I haven't heard any raptors straight piped though.

There is a video posted somewhere up here. It's cool. The magnapack setup is similar but cuts just a bit of it - not much.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of the Ford Racing light bar and the KC lights. The driving lights are on switch and the fog lights are on another switch. The dealer used switch 1 and 2 for those.

Attachments

• DSC_0569.jpg
    DSC_0569.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0570.jpg
    DSC_0570.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0572.jpg
    DSC_0572.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
troycrna

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size are the lights on your light bar. I cant tell if they are 6s or 8s.

RaptorRedy

Reaction score
I think i'm gonna hack the muffler off and try straight pipe for awhile. I haven't heard any raptors straight piped though.

I put a flowmaster 40series dump on mine. I didnt like the exhaust hanging out behind the rear tires. The dump allows for better water fording and sounds pretty legit at the same time.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If plan on adding a winch I recommend a front receiver and portable warn winch. Check my posts for all my mods.

Welcome. You will love your Raptor.