Orange Caliper Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of the brake kits are pricy and some also need you to have 20" rims to clear the calipers. So by the time you're done with replacing with the brake kit, rims and tires, you could have bought a new Prius!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the coating Ford has on the oem calipers? I know it’s a process.

KAH 24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do not want those on your brakes for performance and safety reasons. The caliper needs to dissipate the heat generated by braking friction to operate properly; all those do is hold the heat in. Excessive heat can result in damage to the calipers, pads, rotors, and associated seals and hardware.

@FordTechOne is correct and I respect his viewpoints 100% of the time even though I do not know him.

All OEM Drivetrain Components—of which brakes are part of are well engineered for durability, reliability, performance, cost.

Aftermarket is amazing—but they are not going to experiment on my OEM vehicle without the resources to improve upon it.

The world needs beta testers: For a $70k Raptor, beta test to your heart’s content. For those who use aftermarket parts—as do I, please beta test away.
—————
For those who enjoyed the Ron Howard movie “Rush”, the folks I work with prefer Niki Lauda to Hunt the Shunt.

Never ceases to amaze me how brilliant the engineers are (and far smarter than I, as I’ve maintained my credentials but went back into the practice post-military). I’m simply a decent engineer who provides servant leadership for amazing engineers—where I couldn’t hold their jock in technical proficiency.

1. I agree with @FordTechOne as would any reputable professional, OEM engineer (or reputable aftermarket engineer with resources).

2. Braking systems are difficult and “pretty covers/high temp paint which captures heat, etc). Ford engineers did a tremendous job of optimizing braking performance on a 17” disk with parameters of mass/deflection/heat/repeated ability to shed/—and COST for a 6000lb vehicle. The bare aluminum allows heat dissipation.

3. Aftermarket calipers if properly engineered—have airflow, materials, heat sinks, etc., built in for racing. They outperform OEM, but at a cost. NOTE: They do not perform any better for 99%, but sure do look pretty.

4. Ford has done a tremendous job with every aspect of the Raptor, and as an owner—if it were easy to do at the price point, it would have occurred and is evolving for Gen3 (37” factory is engineered to handle the stresses). Gen2 is perfectly capable as is.

In closing, please enjoy your Raptors and do what you will.

I will chime in periodically to say—please hold the aftermarket accountable vs. trying to “eliminate” evidence of mods when your pride and joy breaks.

OP
OP
Webber2017

Webber2017

Reaction score
Can you post or have you already posted more info on the wrap?
I bought it already wrapped... sorry I don’t have any info on the wrap price yet ... but it’s been easy to wipe off and care for ... I will probably get it done again .. I have heard that it should last 7-8 years and keeps original paint protected.