Opinions needed for Bed protection.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
One of the best parts of the BEDRUG is it covers those black plastic rib things on the tailgate if you have the step. Before you couldn't really sit on it because it was so uncomfortable, now, its like sitting on a padded bench.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bedrug is a decent product for what it is. It's adequate for light to moderate duty. Most liquids will wash out but the pile can still stain. Stuff like grass, twigs, etc. don't wash out easily. If you get a Bedrug, it's best to use a tonneau cover with it. If you don't, it tends to sag a bit after it's weathered.

BedTred is another option, but it's sort of expensive for what you get. It's rather flimsy for $400.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll be new to a truck ownership so I'll be looking for advice here too... Line-X kinda worries me cause if the prep is shit then the truck will end up like shit. I guess I just have to find a good dealer near me? So.. any recommendations for a good Line-X dealer in the Metro Atlanta, GA area?

richm

Reaction score
I was close to doing line-x or something similar. Then went with the BedRug. LOve it. Purchased through JC ****** and they have one year return. I figured if it didn't work out or hold -up, I'd return it and go with a spray in. I don't think that will happen. I used my Raptor for a bunch of landscaping this summer--rock, dirt, mulch, railroad ties, you name it. Washed it out at the car wash, vacuumed it when it was dry. Went on a picnic and slept in the back on it! Still looks great.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big Blue,

Did you ever decide on a bedliner? Seems like if you go the BedRug route you gotta fork out another few hundred for the tonneau...

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Blue,

Did you ever decide on a bedliner? Seems like if you go the BedRug route you gotta fork out another few hundred for the tonneau...

Yes, I am going the Line-X route. The Bedrug is a great option, but I dont want a tonneau.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you don't need a tonneau with a bedrug
It seems that the best option with a BedRug is with a tonneau due to the fact that water gets stuck underneath and stays there for a while, thus, rotting out the bed. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I'd really like to get a BedRug or a BedTred without a tonneau if possible. My Raptor will mainly stay outdoors and rarely garaged.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems that the best option with a BedRug is with a tonneau due to the fact that water gets stuck underneath and stays there for a while, thus, rotting out the bed. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I'd really like to get a BedRug or a BedTred without a tonneau if possible. My Raptor will mainly stay outdoors and rarely garaged.

Yea good call. I have tonneau and bedrug it's the greatest thing. I use the shit out of it with no worry of it ripping or things sliding all over the bed.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score

Stuff can't really get under it. It goes up under the bed rails, the front is pretty sealed up. Shouldn't be any issue, and nothing can soak though. Mine sits outside all the time and is fine. Have them send you the free sample of liner. Its pretty tough stuff. I tried to cut mine with a knife, poured gas on it. Nothing hurt it.