GEN 2 Opinions/Input on wiring lights into the high beams.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just made the wire connections for hibeam and aux 1 and 2. Used that micro relay. Is working perfectly with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

nermol

Reaction score
I am finally ready to tackle installing my S8 lightbar and tying it into the Highbeams. Goal is to have highbeams work as normal, and if the uplifter is On then S8 bar will follow highbeam status.

Here is my plan, feedback is welcome :)

• I purchased the Motorcraft WPT1321 and WPT1279 as to not tap into the factory wiring
  • Relay with Diode protection
  • Relay wired as follows
    • 85 Chassis Ground
    • 86 High Beam
    • 87 15A Uplifter
    • 30 S8 Light
Here is the waterproof 4 pin relay I purchased
https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/product/4-wire-waterproof-relay-socket-with-diode-protection/
https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/product/hella-4020-amp-waterproof-relay/

Cheers

Christian Johanneson

CrimsonRAPTOR
Reaction score
Excellent, thank you for the confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ended up doing exactly what I said in that initial post. Essentially I have all of my lights tied into my highbeams. I can activate them triggering with my highbeams with the AUX 1 overhead switch. So if the switch is on it will trigger with highbeams if the switch is off they will not trigger with highbeams. Then I have each of my individual lights my light bar and my pocket lights directly wired into my AUX 2 and 3 two of my overhead switches. This way I can choose whether or not all of my lights are triggered by highbeams by flipping on and off AUX 1 but then I can also independently operate the switches with AUX 2 and 3. It’s a pretty complex set up but I only use the highbeam trigger when it seems appropriate. Which is about half the time. It’s a really nice set up and based on the last thread that I started, I am willing to risk the remote chance of the BCM failing.

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mind summarizing how you ended up wiring this up?
I will describe you on monday. But basically i used an additional relay what is triggered by the hi beam. And the baja design will have power only if upfitter is on.

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up doing exactly what I said in that initial post. Essentially I have all of my lights tied into my highbeams. I can activate them triggering with my highbeams with the AUX 1 overhead switch. So if the switch is on it will trigger with highbeams if the switch is off they will not trigger with highbeams. Then I have each of my individual lights my light bar and my pocket lights directly wired into my AUX 2 and 3 two of my overhead switches. This way I can choose whether or not all of my lights are triggered by highbeams by flipping on and off AUX 1 but then I can also independently operate the switches with AUX 2 and 3. It’s a pretty complex set up but I only use the highbeam trigger when it seems appropriate. Which is about half the time. It’s a really nice set up and based on the last thread that I started, I am willing to risk the remote chance of the BCM failing.

Looks like the BCM will not suffer. Especially if you use low energy relays. I did exactly the same. Is perfect setup.