Ongoing IWE issues. Just deal with it forever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This. It seems that Fords dealers suck ass at actually fixing these vehicles more than the vehicles themselves are the issue. Every issue with these trucks should and does have a proper procedure to address and fix them. Seems the majority of dealers that users on the forum use are either totally incompetent or just plain lazy.

It really sucks that we can't trust them. We have to roll the dice and hope to find a good one I guess.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
This. It seems that Fords dealers suck ass at actually fixing these vehicles more than the vehicles themselves are the issue. Every issue with these trucks should and does have a proper procedure to address and fix them. Seems the majority of dealers that users on the forum use are either totally incompetent or just plain lazy.

It's the auto forum phenomenon though. There's enough of us that we're all using every dealer out there and encountering every possible problem, and then posting about it. And there's nothing wrong with doing that, it's the best way to get things solved. My 2019 has avoided at least one dealer visit due to this place.

But if you go on any automotive forum, it seems like every manufacturer, model, and dealer network is horrible due to the number of problems and repeat failures in their resolution.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the auto forum phenomenon though. There's enough of us that we're all using every dealer out there and encountering every possible problem, and then posting about it. And there's nothing wrong with doing that, it's the best way to get things solved. My 2019 has avoided at least one dealer visit due to this place.

But if you go on any automotive forum, it seems like every manufacturer, model, and dealer network is horrible due to the number of problems and repeat failures in their resolution.

Good point, we are getting a small snippet of the total experiences.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Safe to assume they replaced FL3Z3A788B? And your truck keeps popping them?

I had the same issue and replaced mine thousands of miles ago in five minutes and had no issues since. You must have bigger issues if it keeps coming back agreed with try a different dealer.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Exactly; it’s important to keep things in perspective. For reference, Ford dealers average a score of over 94% Fixed Right the First Time. That number is entirely based on customer surveys. However, the other 6% are the only one’s you’re going to hear about. Especially on a forum.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lincoln has excellent customer service as well and is ranked as one of the top brands for dealership experience.

totally agree. My wife has only driven a lincoln since her 2004 Aviator. She’s in a MKX now and will get a new aviator next year. No issues ever with her Lincoln’s except one back in 2005 when her aviator had a bad left head but it was a known thing at the time. Dealer had it fixed in a couple of days.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The system is not “delicate”. The issue occurring in this video is the result of partial engagement due to a vacuum leak and has nothing to do with the torque capacity of the IWEs themselves. The fact that the dealer cannot repair a simple vacuum actuated system is pathetic.

That's the kicker right there. Probably the same tech every time too! Tech to himself, "How many times do I have to fix the same problem?" and never thinks of the fact that maybe he's fuc**** up the repair. :banghead:

jimmyv13

Reaction score
I'm out of warranty so this may not apply, but I tried the updated filter as well as a new solenoid with no change in the noise. I unplugged the harness at the connector and no more noise. I'll fix it "correctly" someday, but as of right now, the 4WD still works so I'm good with that.