One-touch-up/-down feature on front passenger-side window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the thread title might suggest, I've got a problem with the One-touch-up/-down feature on front passenger-side window. I did a search in the forums but, didn't find a solution that worked. I know there's a way to initialize the motors and reset the these features to deal with the occasional bounce back but, I haven't had any of those issues. The window just suddenly didn't want to go up the other day whether I used one touch or not from the driver's door switch.

After a few tries, i gave up and was able to get the window to roll up by using the passenger door switch but, the one-touch-up feature doesn't work on that switch either. Since the truck has had a chance to restart, I can at least roll the window up by holding the driver's switch but, the one-touch up feature is still not working. One-touch down works but, not one-touch up.

Now I saw this once on my 07 Mustang GT/CS and it magically resolved itself after a battery swap. Well, the "eye" on the truck's factory battery was dark as an empty missile silo so I figured that after 39 months and 85,000 miles, the factory battery might need to be swapped. So I went to the nearest auto parts store, bought an appropriately sized battery, and swapped it out when I got home. There's been no change after the swap.

Any suggestions on what else I need to check or should I just take it to the dealer for an Ford Premium Care warranty claim?

OP
OP
G

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm rather fond of my '11 SCrew...I could go for a '14 Special Edition but, I like my truck and I haven't really warmed up to the new body-style just yet. I'll have to see it in Raptor trim if it happens at all.

OP
OP
G

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, there's also the issue of the fact the '11 SCrew tested the boundaries of my marriage. I spent three weeks on the couch as a result of its acquisition. Not going through that again.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
try manually holding the button down to roll the window all the way down and then back up again. this usually solves most of these automated window issues.

Gatorjake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my '12. I would hold the window switch in the up position for several seconds after the window was all the way up. This seems to reset the switch and worked until I turned the truck off or on while the window was in motion. I would then a have to hold in up position to reset it. I eventually got tired of doing it and took to dealership and they replaced it under warranty. Seemed to work correct 99% of the time. But still occasionally had to do the reset manually. Was kind of annoying. No worries anymore ...yet. I traded the '12 for a '14 SE. Hopefully it fares better. Albeit that was the only "problem" I ever had with my '12