Oil temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you think it would be possible to update/flash the programming of a 2018 802A to get the "measurements" info, or do we suspect that there are hard parts installed into the 2019s? I would assume the data is already present in my 2018; just need a device or re-program to view the PIDS.

NO. To add that function would require someone to write code for a new dash, like they did for the 19.

You can't just tweak Forscan, because the code to display the data is not there.

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of oil temp, mine runs around 205 degrees F with outside temp around 45 degrees F. Is this considered normal operating temp with normal cruising?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m using oil temp gauge on my AP. I’m at about 195*F operating temp. It’s been cool here around 35-40*F.

Where does the temp reading come from? Oil pump? Pan?

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was 60*F on the way home from work. My driving was not aggressive, more of a spirited manner on soft gravel roads. Oil temp was close to 215. Is this normal? I'm running mobil 1 full synthetic with motorcraft filter.