Oil coming from rearview mirror pod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
isis

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
German engineers have always been this way.

For those with grease oozing down the windshield, I'm wondering if your trucks are parked inside or outside and whether your habits are to park them facing the sun. Solar heating might be at the root of this.
Mine is outside. Garage doors are too small. But I didn’t notice it until it got cold out so maybe it’s the low temps. Rain sense wipers never really worked well but I did just buy it a couple months ago.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For those with grease oozing down the windshield, I'm wondering if your trucks are parked inside or outside and whether your habits are to park them facing the sun. Solar heating might be at the root of this.

Heh, yeah, had issues with German engineers in other area with same result. Hey, this doesn't function as designed! 'Vee do not zink zees is a problem.'

19Stripper

Reaction score
I have to use my twisty stick next to the wheel for wipers so I dont have this issue. #PeasantLife

OP
OP
isis

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly the dealer fixed this with a new sensor today. Pick it up in the morning just in time for a rainy week. We’ll see...

OP
OP
isis

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the ‘new’ thing is leaking this summer. I can’t believe I’m the only one with this problem. Clear oil running down the windshield from the eyeball pod.

OP
OP
isis

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is outside and faces the sun in the morning. But it’s Pittsburgh not Arizona so you know, ‘sun’...