Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Thank you!

Ah man! Well hopefully soon!

You’ll love the ST if you get it for her. They are awesome!
Yes, yes they are. My 2021 is significantly quicker-faster than my Raptor, but I’m on HPTuners with it. Cobb just took too long with too little. HPTuners already has drive mode select (4 options) tuning. You can be stock in Normal and wild race in Sport but only with the same fuel. The previous Cobb Ford tunes had are not available since 2018+, but they had great manually selected on-the-fly tune options.

If Cobb were to complete their previous Cobb Custom Features after 2018, I would jump on it again.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, yes they are. My 2021 is significantly quicker-faster than my Raptor, but I’m on HPTuners with it. Cobb just took too long with too little. HPTuners already has drive mode select (4 options) tuning. You can be stock in Normal and wild race in Sport but only with the same fuel. The previous Cobb Ford tunes had are not available since 2018+, but they had great manually selected on-the-fly tune options.

If Cobb were to complete their previous Cobb Custom Features after 2018, I would jump on it again.
All of those custom features would be awesome!

MikeyP87

Reaction score
Just saw the newest goose YouTube video. A 23’ explorer…..WTF. How can Cobb jailbreak a 23’ explorer but not a 23’ raptor.
As an Explorer ST owner who hasn't tuned his car yet, I'm excited to see Goosetuned jump into the platform and duke it out with ZFG. ZFG is the current king for ExST tuning, and most know Goose does amazing work.

With that said, ZFG has posted a few 23 F150s, including a Raptor, he tuned. The work-around is buying an unlockable 21-22 ECU and getting your truck's info put on it. Then he can tune it like any other 21-22 truck. Maybe the same can be done using the Cobb Accessport? Adds some cost, but this was pretty common practice in the Mercedes world until recently. We'll see who can get the 23+ ECU unlocked, but I might have to go this route if nothing happens soon.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The ST is showing huge gains already! Just need to make a couple more changes and it should be in the mid 11s

The thing with COBB is they need to stay compliant. The smaller guys don’t care about that, at least when it comes to stuff like this. And HPTuners doesn’t do anything in relation to compliance, so it’s a “throw software out there for anyone to use” type thing with their software.

If that workaround is something COBB is able to utilize then it’ll be a compliant solution.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an Explorer ST owner who hasn't tuned his car yet, I'm excited to see Goosetuned jump into the platform and duke it out with ZFG. ZFG is the current king for ExST tuning, and most know Goose does amazing work.

With that said, ZFG has posted a few 23 F150s, including a Raptor, he tuned. The work-around is buying an unlockable 21-22 ECU and getting your truck's info put on it. Then he can tune it like any other 21-22 truck. Maybe the same can be done using the Cobb Accessport? Adds some cost, but this was pretty common practice in the Mercedes world until recently. We'll see who can get the 23+ ECU unlocked, but I might have to go this route if nothing happens soon.

Livorsi does that too….i think. Either way it’s not a tuned 23’. Not really. I’ll wait.

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone has a lead on a 2023 Raptor ECU, I can likely help solve this issue. With a 2024 on the way, I want this sorted out. Is the TCU locked down under the same security controls?