Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only will that not happen, but initial reports are that it’s not a simple retrofit and there aren’t plans to make it a simple bolt on and go. They did offer that to Lightning customers but didn’t refund as much as us.

The again, you only got $140 and it’s $3k MSRP. Thanks Ford
I doubt this is the case. Ford would not entirely re-route a new wiring harness across their already laid out production line(s) for a new clock spring, steering column, and wiring harness. Logistically that entire process would be a nightmare.

Source: I work in the manufacturing space and my company provides most of the gizmos that make the automated control lines that go brrr and make these trucks pop out the other end assembled.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt this is the case. Ford would not entirely re-route a new wiring harness across their already laid out production line(s) for a new clock spring, steering column, and wiring harness. Logistically that entire process would be a nightmare.

Source: I work in the manufacturing space and my company provides most of the gizmos that make the automated control lines that go brrr and make these trucks pop out the other end assembled.
I thought the same, but when it was brought up, the regional rep just said it wouldn’t be able to be a plug and play replacement.

It made me think that maybe a different circuit or something was being used. It can’t just be the thin strip of copper wire wound around the wheel that they are missing, has to be something more technology inclusive

wcm23

Reaction score
I messaged FP and asked what it would take to get the heated steering wheel installed. They made it seem like it’s a totally different board with different chips soldered to it and there wouldn’t be a plug and play solution.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on the current supply chain issues and me still not receiving a VIN or production timeline, I grew impatient and purchased a standard 37” Gen3 for the time being.

I’d rather my build wait until they have the heated steering wheel and tailgate appliqué.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on the current supply chain issues and me still not receiving a VIN or production timeline, I grew impatient and purchased a standard 37” Gen3 for the time being.

I’d rather my build wait until they have the heated steering wheel and tailgate appliqué.
The 23 trucks have the tailgate appliqué

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny…I saw what you did there.
Lol - I mean, look at the Gen 3 and how long it took to come out. Its like these things are being built on Mars from their sources in minerals and metals and then shipped back to Earth.

*wait, good idea or?*

1668082627054.png

GT4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The regional reps aren't going to know whether or not a part is compatible with a vehicle on a granular level like that, nor will Ford Performance chat.

All FP can do is check the queue status of our orders, not much else they can see or even know about these trucks beyond their FP catalog part compatibility.

I'm still of the mindset that these steering wheels will be plug and play, but time will tell.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The regional reps aren't going to know whether or not a part is compatible with a vehicle on a granular level like that, nor will Ford Performance chat.

All FP can do is check the queue status of our orders, not much else they can see or even know about these trucks beyond their FP catalog part compatibility.

I'm still of the mindset that these steering wheels will be plug and play, but time will tell.
I live in Louisiana and the only time I’ve messed with the heated wheel is turning it off.

That said, I hope it works because I agree that it’s BS for a $110k to have an ice cold steering wheel every morning in North Dakota.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have been loving my heated wheel here in MT hunting. It’s 6 degrees currently. It really sucks I will be spending 30k more than my 22 and not having one. 7C0E9440-B1FE-4DE4-8D37-0C7CAEA5D11D.jpeg

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone new get scheduled today? Now that Ice Capades cant access production info anymore, I can't find out if scheduling is actually still happening.