Off Road Tire Pressure Article...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well that's my experience

---------- Post added 04-12-2012 at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-11-2012 at 11:52 PM ----------

it's a white chalky substance I've never seen it with air before. I was liking the idea of not having to add air supposing to be non fluctuant but it changes 2 or more psi from cold to worm maybe they got some bad nitrogen or maybe it's because I use e-30

Last edited:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two comments:

1. GREAT POST on tire pressure and off-roading :waytogo: Thanks for putting that up.

2. Nitrogen vs. Oxygen is the dumbest discussion ever on a vehicle forum. It's a complete waste of time to talk about "benefits" of nitrogen over oxygen.

Want to read more? Here:

Tire Tech Information - Clearing the Air About Nitrogen Tire Inflation

That BS deserves a thread of its own so as not to take away from the terrific subject of tire pressures for off-roading :Jedi:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
good info thanks so a dog must have pissed on mine lol any way just odd I've never seen my threads corrode off the stems before. I would rather fill my own tires so they are just right I can't stand one tire with more air than the others.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two comments:

1. GREAT POST on tire pressure and off-roading :waytogo: Thanks for putting that up.

2. Nitrogen vs. Oxygen is the dumbest discussion ever on a vehicle forum. It's a complete waste of time to talk about "benefits" of nitrogen over oxygen.

Want to read more? Here:

Tire Tech Information - Clearing the Air About Nitrogen Tire Inflation

That BS deserves a thread of its own so as not to take away from the terrific subject of tire pressures for off-roading :Jedi:

The Engineers I work with who do this for a living don't agree but then what do they know. Afterall it was on the internet!!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to get used to proper forum edicate I will open a discussion after doing a search on oxygen verses nitrogen

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We used nitrogen in our off-road race car at 28-30 PSI. We used to run 22-24 PSI. We found the higher pressure cut down on our flat rates and ended our squared rims. I went 8 years with zero flats, my bor had 2 over the 8 years and they were all at the lower pressures. We were in a class 1/2 1600 limited class buggy so less rolling resistance was helpful...
Ran tubes and slime as well...:party36:

Sharing my view and findings...