oem ko2 vs bfg ko2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i need new tires , thinking buy 3 new and use the spare. Is there any difference? Ive heard some say there is but.... really?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The stock / OEM KO2 is a load range C tire. There is another KO2 that’s load range E, which permits carrying more payload, more max PSI, but you sacrifice compliance.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The stock / OEM KO2 is a load range C tire. There is another KO2 that’s load range E, which permits carrying more payload, more max PSI, but you sacrifice compliance.
yes ive seen that option... im wondering about buying 3 new c rated ko2s and usung the spare as the 4th.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done this exact thing. Moved one of the older tires to the spare spot.
That’s a great idea. I’m gonna do that this fall. Thanks! I hadn’t thought of it for some reason.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you do repurpose the current spare and bring it into rotation after being under the truck for a long time, move it to the rear position on the side of the truck you will notice and pay attention to the most. If it starts to chunk, wear differently or something else, you’ll be able to notice it sooner, rather than later. It’ll probably be fine, but tires do have a finite lifespan. Most people wear the tread before that but just keep an eye on it after bringing it into rotation.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only do 5 wheel tire rotations so no experience here. As long as it's not too old, and you put a TPMS sensor in it I can't see the problem as long as they are an exact match.
Ditto, only doing 5 tire rotations, so all will need replacing when the time comes, and I'll have 5 fresh ones at that time. Why would you mix one old and 3 fresh ones in the first place? Even if you've never rotated the spare in, it's been aging, heating, cooling, exposed to road wash...and now you're going to drop it into full usage? Then your spare is now an aged tire, that you'll need in an urgent situation, and for who knows how long. Seems like a problem waiting to happen.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The spare in question is not even 2 years old. I hardly think it’s an issue.