OEM Bed Extender, Bed Missing Threads, Anyone Else ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkraus01

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my gen 3, but got it to work. I removed the tail lights and you can access the back side of the hole that does not have a weld nut. I used a couple of washers as spacers, and a larger fender washer and a lock nut for the included shoulder bolt and it worked fine. Just like new. I really liked the bed extender on my Gen 1, so I was determined to get it to work properly on my Gen 3.

OP
OP
BabaMike

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my gen 3, but got it to work. I removed the tail lights and you can access the back side of the hole that does not have a weld nut. I used a couple of washers as spacers, and a larger fender washer and a lock nut for the included shoulder bolt and it worked fine. Just like new. I really liked the bed extender on my Gen 1, so I was determined to get it to work properly on my Gen 3.
My service advisor is looking into it, he’s waiting for ford engineer to get back to him with a solution.

Reaction score
I bought the bed divider that uses the boxlink to attach since everyone was saying mixed things about the bed extenders. I figured I mostly need something to keep crap from rolling and sliding all over the bed more than I need more bed length.