Odd noise while truck is parked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no post.

So I've been experiencing an odd noise on my 2019 Raptor 802a. The truck is parked in my garage, and I can hear it periodically make what I can best describe as an "equipment adjustment" noise. It almost sounds like it's checking the shocks or brakes or something? I'd say it happens once an hour or so, but there are times when I'll hear it 4-5 times over 10 minutes. It's the same noise every time, a little over a second in length. This has been happening for awhile (at least the past year, probably longer).

I haven't been able to deduce any rhyme or reason to the noise, and since my home office shares a wall with the garage, it can get pretty annoying when I don't have headphones on.

I'll try to get a video of it, but given the intermittent nature of the noise, that's proven difficult.

Any help or insight is much appreciated. Thanks!

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard it as well on mine. I swear it comes from the middle of the truck. Not the engine bay. I just figured it was normal. Just a pure guess, I thought it may have something to do with the evap system.

OP
OP
pierceography

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard it as well on mine. I swear it comes from the middle of the truck. Not the engine bay. I just figured it was normal. Just a pure guess, I thought it may have something to do with the evap system.
Yeah, I'm not trying to infer it's "bad"... I'd just like to know what is is (and possibly turn it off). In fact, I just noticed that the sound happens when I open the driver door after it's been off for awhile. (Which is why I assumed it was some form of equipment check -- Possibly before driving)

And yes, the sound does appear to be coming from underneath the middle of the truck.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not trying to infer it's "bad"... I'd just like to know what is is (and possibly turn it off). In fact, I just noticed that the sound happens when I open the driver door after it's been off for awhile. (Which is why I assumed it was some form of equipment check -- Possibly before driving)

And yes, the sound does appear to be coming from underneath the middle of the truck.
That’s the fuel pump priming when you open the door. Is the key fob near the truck when it’s parked?

OP
OP
pierceography

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the fuel pump priming when you open the door. Is the key fob near the truck when it’s parked?
Near enough for remote start, yes. One is on the other side of the mud room door (maybe 15ft away) and the other is in my office (20ft away). Both are separated from the truck by walls.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah they do it, not sure what it is- my 2018 made a faint repeating electronic type sound or almost like a pressure release valve faint & intermittent, I also know they make that fuel prime door unluck sound when you first approach - I’m not sure anyone has figured out the noises when parked & off lol