O2 sensor help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawksfan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My 2019 Raptor with 11,00 miles is at the dealer with a 3rd check engine light since I have owned it. The code it popped was for an O2 sensor, downstream of the catalytic converter. The first time, the CEL went away on its own after a few days. The second time it stayed on and I brought it to the dealer who then replaced the O2 sensor. This time (3rd time) the dealer said they did some further investigation and spoke with a Ford tech rep. After all that they are replacing the O2 sensor again.

It seems inconceivable to me that a part that is meant to last the life of the vehicle has failed twice in 11k miles. I asked them to check the O2 sensor heater wires and vacuum system based on posts I have read here. They said they did that and found no problems.

Does anyone have any further idea or suggestions? This trip to the dealer has been 3 days in the shop and the first one was 2 days in the shop. I am not that excited about going through this again and wasting my time. I know it can't simply be the sensor and I strongly suspect I am going to be back in the same situation in a month. Any help greatly appreciated.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a purge valve on the gen 2, is fuel getting dumped into the cats, can't see the cats being bad at 11k either though.

OP
OP
H

hawksfan

Reaction score
I asked about the cats and they said they "looked fine" and that there was no way to test them. I don't know if that is true. They also said they inspected the wiring.

UWMad

Reaction score
Just got this code while in the middle of ozark fire trails, had my exhaust not smelled like unburnt fuel i may have been damn worried out there

OP
OP
H

hawksfan

Reaction score
10000 miles later (22K total) and the O2 sensor code is back. This will be the 3rd Os sensor we will be replacing if they try to go that route. Anyone have any ideas as far as what we should try next? I am not going to be OK with simply replacing the sensor again. As much as i like the Ford service department, I am getting tired of spending my days there.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10000 miles later (22K total) and the O2 sensor code is back. This will be the 3rd Os sensor we will be replacing if they try to go that route. Anyone have any ideas as far as what we should try next? I am not going to be OK with simply replacing the sensor again. As much as i like the Ford service department, I am getting tired of spending my days there.
Any mods? It would definitely help to have the DTC.

OP
OP
H

hawksfan

Reaction score
They said it was another 02 sensor but a different one this time. I did not get the code from them but will ask when they call me back to come in to replace the part. No mods on the truck and I always buy BP premium gas (they said could be cheap gas). I am getting a little tired of trips to the Ford dealer...each sensor is 2 trips, one to diagnose and one to get it replaced. I really love the truck, but this CEL is annoying.