Non Matching seat..Any ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick28

Reaction score
So I just bought my first raptor, used 2012 from a local guy I know. He ordered it new, took excellent care of it.

Anyhow shortly after I bought it I noticed the driver seat does not match the rest of the interior. Its the same color, but looks like a regular F150 seat.

Doesn't have the mesh inserts nor the Raptor embroidery.

SO I ask the previous owner if it was replaced for some reason, he says no and that he never noticed it. It is worn consistent with a 40k mile truck. I checked the bolt heads holding seat, I can see no evidence that they have been out.

Dealer has no record of any seat issue and were as stumped as I was.

Any ideas? Could this thing have left the factory like this? If so would I have any recourse with Ford?

Thanks
Nick

Heres a pic:
b3a9aed0ba540a22ca95a579ffbd623c.jpg

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a few problems. The seat is completely wrong in not only appearance but bolster. Also it has the blue center console but the radio bezel is not. Remove the passenger side kick panel and make damn sure the ecu says svt on it

Edit: on second look maybe the console is silver

OP
OP
N

nick28

Reaction score
The bolsters are the same, its an svt truck. I actually noticed it the second time I drove it which was right after I transferred the truck. I was a little giddy the first test drive...lol

The console is silver and matches the bezel

He not necessarily a "close" buddy, but a well respected fella that really has no reason to lie about it. So who knows. I guess worse case I'll buy the correct seat cover and swap them out.

Last edited:

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might I remind y'all that you CAN get a raptor with cloth seats. The bolsters look right.. I don't really know what to say.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

OH SHIT. That's a Harley Davidson seat.

OP
OP
N

nick28

Reaction score
Might I remind y'all that you CAN get a raptor with cloth seats. The bolsters look right.. I don't really know what to say.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

OH SHIT. That's a Harley Davidson seat.

It doesn't have the Harley badge in the seat cover, not sure what it is other than a regular black leather F150 seat cover. Its heated/cooled and has all the other stuff as it should..