GEN 2 No carbon fiber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you specify "which Ford" you are talking about? Was it Ford Service Facebook? Customer Relations Center? Chat on fordvehicles.com? Your dealer? I contacted all mentioned above today.....and received the exact same line from all of them, "Your order is unscheduled clean in order processing with an ETA that is undetermined. We have no information indicating 'commodity constraints', but urge you to contact your dealer and have them contact their regional point of contact." Same exact line I have been getting for months and months and months and months............

That's all I got for months and months and months (July order) until I removed beadlocks and CF last month. Then I got a VIN the same week.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all I got for months and months and months (July order) until I removed beadlocks and CF last month. Then I got a VIN the same week.

I'm about ready to do the same. Ford Service on Facebook recommended to me, today, that I wait until next week to make a decision; said things could change by next week, which may indicate what someone else said on another thread about updates for all remaining to-be-build orders to be released by "mid-February". I've been waiting since July...so have no issue with waiting another week to decide on an order change strategy.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about ready to do the same. Ford Service on Facebook recommended to me, today, that I wait until next week to make a decision; said things could change by next week, which may indicate what someone else said on another thread about updates for all remaining to-be-build orders to be released by "mid-February". I've been waiting since July...so have no issue with waiting another week to decide on an order change strategy.

Do you mean all remaining 2017 allocations that are waiting for vin/build dates will be scheduled by mid feb? Where was that posted? Do you know what thread that was?

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean all remaining 2017 allocations that are waiting for vin/build dates will be scheduled by mid feb? Where was that posted? Do you know what thread that was?

OK, I guess it was BajaFred: "PSA Ford is supposed to notify all dealers by mid Feb of their final numbers for MY17 and, more importantly, the rough build timing for their remaining spots.

This means that if your dealer is still telling you they don't know when you'll be built, you should either press the issue or you don't have a real slot."

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/final-dealer-allocations-2017-a-52335/

Last edited:

sgtdevildog

Reaction score
as of today, Ford is saying if you want your truck built with a timeline, don't order CF or beadlocks.
I ordered mine on Nov 8th and got the phone call last friday with the same news…no carbon or rims…either i could take it or wait… Of course i took it…just chatted with someone at fordparts.com he couldn't find the parts other than the shifter…kinda disappointed to be honest. There has to be someone out there that makes these other than just a sticker…if anyone knows or finds one please let me know

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search "carbon fiber shifter" I posted all the part numbers for the trim except the doors because you have to buy the entire door panel at $1000 each

I ordered mine on Nov 8th and got the phone call last friday with the same news…no carbon or rims…either i could take it or wait… Of course i took it…just chatted with someone at fordparts.com he couldn't find the parts other than the shifter…kinda disappointed to be honest. There has to be someone out there that makes these other than just a sticker…if anyone knows or finds one please let me know

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
You could always make your own carbon fiber parts. I've spent a lot of time and money trying to get the process down and am almost producing perfect parts. Its a very time consuming process with a steep learning curve due to the time it takes to actually produce a finished part. (this is called "skinning" meaning using actual carbon fiber fabric to cover an existing part like a outside mold)

Attachments

• CF-1.jpg
    CF-1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 105
  • CF-2.jpg
    CF-2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Sprman

Reaction score
So it sounds like a lot of you guys that ordered these options, won't get till mid to late 2017... that kinda sucks.