Nitto Trail Grabber owners ---update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ejlmoney

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2013 Raptor.
I'm looking to get a separate set of rims and tires. My plan is to run the stock tires and rims during the winter and the new set during the Summer.

I am looking to purchase a set of Nitto Trail Grabbers 35x12.50R20. (I'd like to say that I'm going to do a lot of off-roading....unfortunately, I will be on the road 97% of the time. I fully recognize that there are better road choices than the Trail Grabber but I like their aggressive look.)

Can Trail Grabber owners comment about their treadlife?

If you have recently purchased them, can you comment on your treadlife expectation based on your experience thus far?

Thank you!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I had a set for 40,000 miles and there was about 20-30% left. Real heavy tires. Felt like lead weights...especially for the 5.4. I was pleased with the life and the ability to stand up to abuse but I definitely knew they were there.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
General Grabbers lasted 2 Raptor Runs for me. The Nitto's are going on their 3rd run with plenty of tread left. That is about all I can add to them because mine only see the dirt.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
They are ok im at 20k km and half tread left. Rotate them and balance them quite often

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not running the Trail grapplers but I'm on my 3rd set of Mud Grapplers. All I can say is they are great tires. They didn't chunk out at the TRR like all the stock BFGs did. Like was said before: They are heavy and you will know they are there, to get the tread life out of them you will need to rotate every oil change (5K) and rotate and balance every other oil change (10k). Thats what I do and my first set not on a raptor but a 4runner got 40k+ miles when I sold the yoyo , the stock raptor wheels had 28K miles on them with the TRR and probably have 35% tread left, and now the new wheels have almost 5K on them and still look new. I do 99% hwy driving. The noise on the trail grapplers aren't bad but the mud grapplers are.

My brother is running a set of Trail grapplers and is having great luck with them just guessing but over 20K on them. The ol' man is running a set of mud grapplers on his ranch feed wagon saying he won't be looking for anything else and it only sees gravel roads and rough pastures. I personally wouldn't look at the terra grappler they seam to chunk bad and their are better all-terrains out there.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned all of them on different vehicles. Great tires.
Trail grapplers......good tire. Noise medium.
Mud grapplers......great mud tire. Strong E rated. Like said by ISFast. Heavy as lead and louder than a Chinook landing on your roof
Terra grapplers......great road tire with no noise. All around the best choice if hwy's are going to be the norm with some off road

My 02 cents

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO and I know everybody at Rock and Roll feels the same way, and hopefully some others that have had both will chime in, spend a little extra coin and get the Toyo Open County MT. I know Etalian has had both, maybe he'll put in his 2 cents.

OP
OP
E

ejlmoney

Reaction score
I've owned all of them on different vehicles. Great tires.
Trail grapplers......good tire. Noise medium.
Mud grapplers......great mud tire. Strong E rated. Like said by ISFast. Heavy as lead and louder than a Chinook landing on your roof
Terra grapplers......great road tire with no noise. All around the best choice if hwy's are going to be the norm with some off road

My 02 cents

Thanks for the info.
Can you speak to treadlife on each tire?

I'm trying to do an informal cost/benefit analysis on the Trail Grapplers.