Nitto Ridge Grappler vs. BFG Ko2’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll probably run the OE BFGs for a while. I got them cheap enough and will save the ridge grapplers when I’m done w the BFGs.

I do have a question about mounting them back up and I can’t remember where I saw it but do the red dots on the tires need to align with the valve stems?? Is that how it works?

Thanks to so many on here for such great info.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran 34f and 32 rear and still got over inflated wear. And again, a few miles of Raptoring chunked them fatally.

I went with the Cooper ST Maxx for that reason. 65lbs against 63 stock. I think the AT3 is as light as the KO2 tho. The AT3 skunked the KO1 in an AT showdown, and since BFG only claims 10-20% improvement with the new compound, I expect the AT3 to be the better tire. My Maxx sure is.

If only couple lbs more than the K02s I'd definitely consider em, hard to tell from tirerack pics - you think they have more aggressive "look" than the K02? MPG same? Longevity/wear any better or worse? Any louder on the street?

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If only couple lbs more than the K02s I'd definitely consider em, hard to tell from tirerack pics - you think they have more aggressive "look" than the K02? MPG same? Longevity/wear any better or worse? Any louder on the street?

The Coopers are the only tires that weigh the same as the K02s. Everything else is too heavy for my taste. They don't look great in pictures but are impossible to beat in person.

IMAG2026.jpg

Last edited:

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only coopers. Bridgestone has a much lighter tire. I think there is another couple too. I made a chart somewhere. Only all terrain is on there and factory size.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have a Side pic of the tires?

How about a bunch? I didn't buy this tire for looks, but I'm gonna have a hard time switching from them next go round because they look so badass. Honestly tho, I think I'd recommend the Cooper AT3 instead. These are just a bit too loud for a daily, and I found out that the AT3 is specifically engineered to be more resistant to chipping and chunking, where as the ST Maxx is more susceptible to it. WITH THAT SAID, my Coopers have held up to several hard days at the track (~350 miles), the same track that made mincemeat out of my KO2s in about 70 miles.

Esteban Monclova - Esteban Monclova_064.jpg IMAG2024.jpg IMAG2355.jpg IMG_20200523_121412.jpg IMG_20200703_145658.jpg

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto Tera G2's, 50K mileage, run smooth and I'll follow anywhere your RG will go. 2nd set on Gen 1 and 2 now and they run great. No Hwy noise, excellent wet and dry and no problem in the type of mud 90% of us go through.

Was just at my local Discount Tire getting my Trusty Tacoma's GY All Terrain Adventure Kevlar R&B. I mentioned my wife had bought "us" a Raptor (more like her:)) and I was interested in a purchase warranty for the already installed K02's. The associate smiled, said they had a plan for $170 that would cover them complete until replacement. THEN he walked me over to a display tire...this is what you should install next: The G2

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-terra-grappler-g2

Looks good to me also, thanks for the input!
V/R
Smokey

Klay23

Reaction score
Ha, looks good. If I could figure out how to post a pic I would show my white beauty.

How about a bunch? I didn't buy this tire for looks, but I'm gonna have a hard time switching from them next go round because they look so badass. Honestly tho, I think I'd recommend the Cooper AT3 instead. These are just a bit too loud for a daily, and I found out that the AT3 is specifically engineered to be more resistant to chipping and chunking, where as the ST Maxx is more susceptible to it. WITH THAT SAID, my Coopers have held up to several hard days at the track (~350 miles), the same track that made mincemeat out of my KO2s in about 70 miles.

View attachment 155290 View attachment 155291 View attachment 155292 View attachment 155294 View attachment 155295

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was just at my local Discount Tire getting my Trusty Tacoma's GY All Terrain Adventure Kevlar R&B. I mentioned my wife had bought "us" a Raptor (more like her:)) and I was interested in a purchase warranty for the already installed K02's. The associate smiled, said they had a plan for $170 that would cover them complete until replacement. THEN he walked me over to a display tire...this is what you should install next: The G2

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-terra-grappler-g2

Looks good to me also, thanks for the input!
V/R
Smokey
They would probably be good tires for you in Texas. I had Terras on an F150 and they were horrible in snow.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They would probably be good tires for you in Texas. I had Terras on an F150 and they were horrible in snow.

Thanks Nassty, will be awhile before I have to decide.
Sure wish Good Year made the All Terrain Adventure Kevlar in this size, awesome tire!
:)