Nitto Ridge Grappler vs. BFG Ko2’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did search a little on google and other places...

I have to order my tire tomorrow. I have only driven on the KO2’s. I had them on my Jeep Wrangler, Ford Raptor, Shelby F150.

I think they drive very smooth and are quiet. I did notice on my second set for the Raptor (had around 22k miles on them when I had to replace) - the new tires require a lot of weight to balance them.

The rep at the store who is installing my parts told me that although they are more expensive that they never seem to have people come back or complain about the Nitto Ridge Grappler. He said that he highly recoomends them and would not go KO2.

I think the KO2 is a nicer/classier looking option but I rather have the better of the two.

Consideration is mostly highway manners and quiet operation.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size are you talking about? I went from stock to 35” Nittos. IMO the KO2s were quieter and rode better at highway speed.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the Ridge Grapplers on our 2018 shop truck. I love the looks and they're still relatively quiet. Not as quiet as the K02, but I have no issue with using Bluetooth on the highway.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry - yeah I am moving to 35’s. Main concern is highway noise

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been happy with my Nitto RG but I did notice a big drop in MPG moving from my stock setup. Suggest checking weight.

Road noise is the same as stock.
They have been wearing really good.
Traction has been great in dry and rain, I haven’t been able to check snow or off-road yet.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add on to Tom:
  • Road noise is negligible compared to KO2
  • Wear has been great for the last 13k miles
  • Traction in dry and wet is great - no issues off-road in hard dirt, loose sand, rocks, or mud
  • I'm averaging 17.9 MPG right now with my VR 601 and NRGs, with 20% hwy 80% city/back-roads
KmxeJn9.jpg

giphy.gif

ATRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trail Grappler owner here- I'm looking at the Ridge for my next set. Heard great things about them.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No comparison the BFG KO2 are junk imho, first time I have seen someone say the tire is classier looking...

17.9mpg!!!! Wow I get 13.5....that’s amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk