New vs Used Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorDan

Reaction score
Hi all - I have been looking for a Raptor for a while and came across several new 2014 SCREWs scattered around southern CA. I just wanted some opinions on new vs. used from current owners. (hopefully it's not a dumb question).

Used 2013/2014s are around $50-$52K with less than 30K miles. New are showing MSRP around $57K. However, for example, one dealer is on the Search Inventory site with MSRP at $57K but the dealer website shows $81K. Ridiculous, I know....
What about depreciation? There seems to be none, but can that apply to a new one driving off the lot today?

Given that there are only a few new 2014s out there and the hype has started for the 2017, what are your thoughts on price for a new 2014? Can you still battle for under MSRP?
Now I have to pick a color - black, ruby red, race red, or white...

Thanks!!
By the way, this forum is awesome and I have already planned to spend $10K in mods.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Given that there are only a few new 2014s out there and the hype has started for the 2017, what are your thoughts on price for a new 2014? Can you still battle for under MSRP?
Now I have to pick a color - black, ruby red, race red, or white...

Thanks!!
By the way, this forum is awesome and I have already planned to spend $10K in mods.[/QUOTE]

Just my $.02 - but I'd get a new one. No guessing where it's been or how it's been maintained. We're still a few years away from knowing how these new trucks will hold up. But, if you're in the market for a new '17, then get a used Raptor. You can probably live with whatever you get for that long.

I know if I had the time (and extra money) I'd buy one of these new ones just to let it sit until I needed it. Or maybe mod the shit out of it and use it only for Raptor runs!!!

Either way you go, surely you'd want the best color - Ruby Red. Forget all the haters.....

Good luck with your decision!!!

OP
OP
RaptorDan

RaptorDan

Reaction score
Reading some of these other threads has me worried. I would be willing to go to MSRP (because I want one bad) but I would be a fool to pay over MSRP. It seems that most dealers aren't willing to budge from their inflated markups. My money will be here soon, so in the meantime, I will keep doing my homework.

There are a lot of black Raptors in my area, so I think I need some sort of red to stand out!

schmitty

Reaction score
Sorry, but when they are selling for OVER MSRP. The dealer would be a fool to sell AT MSRP. Demand determines the price, but it's always up to you whether or not you want to pay it. Give them your best offer, you never know, you might come in over their next best offer and they might take it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk