New? Volant intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oceanrover

Reaction score
Volant PowerCore (Dry Filter) Cold Air Intake w/ Ram Air Scoop 2011-2013 Ford F150 Ra

Here you go! Kit # 3985063 :party36:

Attachments

• Volant pt# 3985063.gif
    Volant pt# 3985063.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do people who care about their warranties try and mod cars on the downlow?

NUT THE **** UP already!

If you want to have a modified vehicle then be prepared to either pay, or lawyer up, or deal with a broken car for a while.

If you cant do one of those, stop ******* modding your damn car already.

Bronco75

Reaction score
I just installed this Volant last night in my 2011...the resonance from this thing is unreal....I get a vibration in the pedal under power....I thought something broke until I started reading that others have had the same experience.

Anyone had any luck quieting this thing down a bit? I am thinking I will cover the port for the snorkel and maybe throw some dynamat on the inside of the box walls to keep it from resonating. This thing sounds like an angry trumpet.

FYI - I got the newer kit with the pin switch relocation bracket...it worked just fine...no issues with remote start. Brackets all worked.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post up pictures of your brackets when you get a chance. No response on my issues, top notch CS volant! :thumbsdown:

My volant has quite a bit more resonance than my afe, its a different sound & vibration though. Ill still continue to run it solely for their enclosure and the donaldson filter

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this Volant last night in my 2011...the resonance from this thing is unreal....I get a vibration in the pedal under power....I thought something broke until I started reading that others have had the same experience.

Anyone had any luck quieting this thing down a bit? I am thinking I will cover the port for the snorkel and maybe throw some dynamat on the inside of the box walls to keep it from resonating. This thing sounds like an angry trumpet.

FYI - I got the newer kit with the pin switch relocation bracket...it worked just fine...no issues with remote start. Brackets all worked.

I understand exactly, I quieted mine down by using the stock intake tube and installing the snorkel which did help it quite a bit. Quiet as stock with a light throttle but has a nice growl when your on it.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the newer version with the bracket for the remote start. that part was pretty simple, but the system still was not plug and play. I had to mod the water tank bracket. the holes were not drilled properly and would not fit. It also was not set up correctly to remount the fuse box. I ended up enlarging the bolt holes and grinding down the bracket so it would sit low enough to get the nut back on the top.

still a very nice system. I get a fair amount of engine noise and resonance, but not enough that anything shakes or rattles that shouldn't. no dyno numbers yet

Bronco75

Reaction score
I am going to do a little modifying today and see if I can get it to improve. I should also add that I did the Stainless Works cat back at the same time. I kept the factory resonator...and I am pretty sure this drone if coming from the intake at 2k...not the exhaust.

This drone at 2k rattles my interior panels...it's pretty intense.

I called Volant...their response "Well...it is a 6.2". No shit Sherlock....thanks.

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to do a little modifying today and see if I can get it to improve. I should also add that I did the Stainless Works cat back at the same time. I kept the factory resonator...and I am pretty sure this drone if coming from the intake at 2k...not the exhaust.

This drone at 2k rattles my interior panels...it's pretty intense.

I called Volant...their response "Well...it is a 6.2". No shit Sherlock....thanks.

Change to the factory upper intake tube that will tell you if it's intake, or exhaust. Mine rattled my interior like a ****** Fkr, but a few people on here thought I was just a ***** and over exaggerated it. They fit like shit but it still a good system once you dial it in, I like the Donaldson filter protection! It is what we used in our race car and that is a extreme environment to filter.

Bronco75

Reaction score
I am happy with all aspects of the system except for the resonance of it. I have done intake/exhaust on every vehicle I have ever owned...and they sounded nothing like this.

I will see if covering the snorkel hole and some dynamat helps....if it does not...I will throw the factory tube back on and call this thing a sweet filter and be done with it as you did.

Thanks for the feedback...much appreciated!

I will update my progress over the weekend.