New to the Raptor world and LOVING IT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, and don't forget to get an oil catch can from JLT performance...

OP
OP
A

akflier

Reaction score
Oh, and don't forget to get an oil catch can from JLT performance...

Roger that. Had not heard of the oil separator. thanks

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Welcome to the site... Great looking truck... Enjoy the ride...

Thanks, and I am. I've always enjoyed driving in general, but it's been a long time since I've actually looked for reasons to go somewhere, just to drive.

There are tons of trails and unimproved roads here in AK. I intend to travel as many of them as I can.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. Me neither. Hanging out here will introduce you to all sorts of new things. I myself learned about that last week. Installing that JLT catch can was so scary easy. It took longer to take it out of the box it shipped in. This forum is an awesome resource.

Enjoy your new addiction!

Mr.Smith

Reaction score
I'm jealous akflier. I wish I would have had my Raptor up in Alaska before moving down here to California. I can think of tons of trails to take the Raptor especially out there in the Valley.

What route up did you take? I've driven the ALCAN 3 times now to and from California, each time better than the last. Did they hassle you about the width of the Raptor on the ferry?

Welcome to the site from another new guy and an Alaskan.

Mr.Smith

OP
OP
A

akflier

Reaction score
Mr. Smith, having driven up through Alberta the first time (when moving, and towing a trailer, etc) we always wanted to come up through BC. So we came up through Vancouver and took the most coastal route. That led us through Smithers and headed over to Skagway, where we took the ferry to Haines and then up from there. Had not been to either Alaskan town before. The ferry was super easy, and they gave me no trouble at all about the width. The ferry workers were very complimentary of the Raptor, which sounded awesome in the ferry, as it does in a parking garage.
I'll definitely be trying to run the Denali Highway this summer, and whatever else I can find. Let me know if you have any suggestions for trails, I'd love to hear some ideas. I'd even post up some pictures if you could handle it. We lived in San Diego for 8 long years, so I feel your pain...

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice truck sir. id love to head way way up north to see that area. florida ehh no mountains . and its hot as hell .

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats! Drove to Alaska once in my 88 Mustang GT. Would love to do it in my Raptor!!