New to the Forum - Tlift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad someone picked up the ball I started rolling with this one... how much did they end up charging you?

This is just a test unit right now. I believe they wanted to let someone test it out some more before it went into production and listing a price etc.

As for size jacks, I would agree on using a longer or higher jack....at least a 48" jack. As you can see in my pictures, I was pretty high on the jack in the rear.

I'm also considering a hi lift jack base:

http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/off-road-base.html

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
It wasn't a difficult modification to the lifting jaw to make it fit a bit better for the Raptor. If Ray thinks it's a good fit, we can modify others and just sell the lifting jaw. As far as pricing, if the Raptor only needs the jaw we would price accordingly...the jaw is essentially half the unit. I'll watch the blog posts, happy to modify and price it up on the site.

BKoolReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you modify and sell just the lifting jaw for the Raptor according to Ray's final recommendations, I know I would buy one immediately!

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm no professional but I feel the Lifting jaw works and is an invaluable tool. I'll be picking one up for sure!

Now I would suggest some wheel chalks, jack stand base and maybe even a collapsible jack stand for added safety. One can never be to safe in my opinion.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lifting from the tow loops raises the body but not the axle which would seem to require a very tall lift or securing the axle to the body to lift the axle & wheel when lifting the Raptor.

Imagine the Raptor having a flat offroad in soft terrrain. The amount of lift required to put the spare tire/wheel on the Raptor would be significant.

Does that sound right?

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was buried to the frame and lifted the truck enough to pile rocks under the tires.... something you cannot do with an inflatable or factory jack... no problems there.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lifting from the tow loops raises the body but not the axle which would seem to require a very tall lift or securing the axle to the body to lift the axle & wheel when lifting the Raptor.

Imagine the Raptor having a flat offroad in soft terrrain. The amount of lift required to put the spare tire/wheel on the Raptor would be significant.

Does that sound right?

I noticed this more so on the rear than the front. That amount of height does have me little concerned. So I'm seriously thinking about using a jack stand and wheel chalks in conjunction with this method.