New to Forum from MT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svxwilson

Reaction score
Howdy,

Checking in from Montana! Been a Raptor owner for about a year and a half. Love the truck, it's a beautiful Red 2013 Crew.

Unfortunately what has lead me to actually join and not just lurk is I have a problem with my Raptors 4x4 and a ford ESP. After a combo of service and parts replacement on the front dif, transfer case, and transmission we still have the sound in 4x4 and it especially presents itself on the deceleration off the throttle. Now after a visit from a Ford "engineer" who claims it's a normal noise they make and his reasoning is they have a similar used Raptor on the lot that barely makes the same noise so the engineer reasons that it must be a common "Raptor" noise....... I'm not buying it.....

Anywho I will post a more detailed post in the appropriate section once I have approval. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Thanks,
Aaron

Last edited:

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the misfortune, welcome to FRF. I would check the IWE's

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome aboard! Sorry to hear about the trouble with the truck. Best of luck!

Got any photos of it, in the meantime?

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome... Sorry about your issue. Search for I WE here on the forum. Part of the hub/ actuator up front. Fairly common and easy fix.
I'm in Idaho, but got my 2012 in Bozeman.